2011 Ram 2500 fuel gauge not working after fuel pump replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BewareofMommaBear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone,
First of all, I have just about no clue regarding trucks or vehicles in general. I am here to try to help my husband find out info about his 2500.

About a month ago, truck suddenly wouldn’t start. Had it towed to a shop. Shop said the fuel pump needed to be replaced, which they did at a hefty price. Now, all of a sudden a month later, the fuel gauge is reading empty even when full. (It is a digital gauge).

My question is - if they dropped the tank and replaced the pump, should we be having trouble with the gauge now? Or is that totally separate from the pump?

Basically, we need to know if we should yell at the shop or not

I read about resetting the fuel gauge (and I guess all the other gauges) by holding in the trip/odo button, but I wasn’t sure if this was something we should try or not.

Thanks in advance for your help and for your patience with my truck ignorance. Have a great day!

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take it back to the shop the fuel level sensor is part of the fuel pump if they used a cheap aftermarket pump this can happen It could also be the connector is a little dirty/lose or something never use a aftermarket pump for these trucks I learnt the hard way twice.