2012 1500 Ram Replaced vvt solenoid and got lightning bolt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robertlopez5208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got 2012 dodge 1500 w/5.7 hemi. Replaced vvt solenoid,all the emd solenoid, mass air flow sensor, intake manifold gasket and throttle body gasket. Now I got the lighting bolt flashing, check engine light and little car with skid marks. Any suggestions.

OP
OP
robertlopez5208

robertlopez5208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know the codes. But I was having misfire problems. So I was thinking it might be intake manifold gasket. So I figured wile I had it off I would replace it.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Car icon with squiggly lines means your traction control is on.

Assume you had warning lights before you went and replaced all that. Did you happen to pull codes then? Did you replace with OEM parts? If not, try replacing the original solenoids and sensor or buy OEM units and install, then remove battery cable and turn on and off key to be sure all is discharged. Then try restarting and running for a bit to see if anything goes away, may have to cycle a few runs. At that point, get codes and start fresh with diagnosing.

OP
OP
robertlopez5208

robertlopez5208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed Dorman 916-957 Engine Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid. You think it won't work.
I got a blue driver code reader but the problem with it is it gives you a list of possible problems not just the main problem.