2012 2500 CTD Power Steering help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Need some part numbers help and I figured the Forum was as good as any place to ask.

I have a serious leak in one of the high pressure lines in my power steering/power brake system. MOPAR has screwed everyone with a truck older than 2013 by not making parts any more, the high pressure lines being some of the parts. These aren't the only parts no longer available and this is getting more than a little annoying...

At any rate, I found a place online that says they have both of the high pressure lines in stock. BUT... I am wary of this. Does anyone have the actual MOPAR part numbers for these lines? I want to make sure that the lines they have are the RIGHT ones, not lines for a 2013 or later (oops, they aren't returnable, sorry!)

Any chance someone has the defenitive part numbers for these hoses? I gotta get the leaky one replaced and SOON. If someone has the right numbers and they match the ones I found online, I'll order them tonight!

Thanks all!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Let's see if @AllMoparParts.com will chime in, Benny will probably need your VIN to look up the parts.

OP
OP
PaulTGarrett

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks Crash, that's a good point. I had totally forgotten about @AllMoparParts.com.

Benny, if ya need it, the VIN is 3C6UD5HL5CG100927. 2012, 2500, 4x4, 408 CTD, ST package.

Was talking with my Bro-in-law and when the hose on his '97 blew, he just took all of them to a local hydraulic shop, they cut the rubber out, flared the metal tubing, and made up a couple of easily replaceable braided lines with standard fittings. I will go that route, too, if this place I found online doesn't pan out but the down-time is gonna kill me... There is a company out there selling that same idea but they are $$$ and you have to make the hoses up yourself. I guess to get around the lawyers they just sell you the raw parts and you're on your own. I have the tools to do that, just not the time. These hurricanes are keeping business booming!

The bad thing is right now, I could use less ps fluid if I just opened the container and poured it on the ground! LOL I'm getting roughly 200 miles to the quart. I have to keep driving the truck, and I'm not worried about the pump, I'm going to replace it anyway, but I just worry that this leaky line is just going to flat out blow and leave me on the side of the interstate with a loaded work trailer! That would peg out the suck-o-meter!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
when the hose on his '97 blew, he just took all of them to a local hydraulic shop, they cut the rubber out, flared the metal tubing, and made up a couple of easily replaceable braided lines with standard fittings. I will go that route, too, if this place I found online doesn't pan out
Didn't even think of this option. There's possibly one near you that can crimp the correct fittings on, there's one not to far from me that handles just about any fitting out there.