2012 Dodge ram 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladd53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2012 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi. I have replaced almost everything on the engine. I even bought a new throttle pedal sensor. Still my truck with not stay running! What am I doing wrong? I thought I have the timing right. How do I know if it’s not?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
First, welcome to the forum. Second, you accidentally posted to the 5th gen, your truck is a 4th gen. One of the moderators should move it soon.

Regarding your problem, it appears that you put a lot of money into something without knowing what is wrong. So to help the knowledgeable people here:

1) When did your problem start
2) What exactly was the original problem, how often did it occur, did it get progressively worse, did it just start without a catalyst or did something happen and then you found the problem becoming a issue?
3) What diagnostic testing have you done and what were the results?
4) Have you consulted a mechanic and if so, what did they find?
5) List all the "fixes" you have tried (it is possible you created more of a problem by changing things and will make it harder to run down your problem).
5) Are there any codes present?

Some things you can do:
2) Check your battery with a professional load tester.
3) take off battery cables, clean connections, and replace if damaged.
4) Check all ground connection points and clean any that are gunked up and check tightness of all.
5) Check every fuse with a meter to ensure continuity and ensure each is seated properly
6) Test output of alternator with a meter.
7) Verify there aren't any codes stored.

At least these steps will help eliminate basic electrical issues as the culprit.

Good luck.