2012Ram Bighorn Electronic Stability Control Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deltadog72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The Electronic Stability Control light stays on in my 2012 Ram Bighorn. This is the only light on in the truck. The truck drives great and no issues stopping. when I had a code read at the part store it pulled a code C121D, but they could not help me on figuring out the problem. Has anyone else had this issue or suggestions on how to fix? Thank you

OP
OP
D

Deltadog72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The Electronic Stability Control light stays on in my 2012 Ram Bighorn 4x4. This is the only light in my dashboard that is on in the truck. The truck drives great and has no issues stopping. When I had a code read done at the part store it pulled a code C121D, but they could not help me on figuring out the problem. Has anyone else had this issue or suggestions on how to fix? Thank you

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You might check fuse F26 that controls the ESC. If that fuse is bad you usually get the light plus a message.

It's Fuse F26 on my 2016, not sure on your 2012

ConorToot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I too have been fighting this issue for several months. I've replaced all of the brake calipers, disks, checked the steering wheel angle position, bled brakes, bled brakes, and bled brakes and it seems to be son almost all of the time. Twice in the past week or two, the light would be off when I was starting my trip going to or coming home from work, but inevitably it would illuminate a few minutes into the trip. What sucks is that everything works great, except I can't use the cruise control with that light on. I changed the rear calipers a week ago when the sudden, but very momentary improvement started occurring. Four or five months ago, I replaced the speed sensors even though they worked. Iv'e use alfaobd several times to clear the fault, then to graph what I can and see if some signal falls off or spikes when the light comes back on, but nothing seems to change, all of the speed sensors work, everything looks normal as far as I can tell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca