2013 2500HD 5.7 VVT Water Temp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have had my truck for almost 2 years, 29K, other day {50deg temps}in bumper traffic{NO trailer} daily run, the mechanical temp gauge starts to climb like crazy, the EVIC starts at 199 climbs to 204, oil temp climbs to 208. Of course I panic never happened before even with trailer on hot summer day, no place to pull over with the snow on shoulder. So old school open windows-blast floor heat to cool off heater core. Temp drops on EVIC back to 199/200 but gauge takes its time.

What is the normal water temp and when is it to start shut down procedure?

no engine lights came on at all. if this has been addressed before I apologize as I looked thru the other 9 pages.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those temps are not an issue. The t-stat doesn't even open until in the 190's (unless you changed to a 180). I've seen both my oil and coolant get up in that range a number of times. Unless you pull a warning light I wouldn't worry.

OP
OP
H

HDHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I knew I came to the right place and thanks for the info; and everything is stock no changes.
Thanks.