2013 Big Horn remote start info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read in 1 of the post here last week about using and starting the truck with the remote start.

Is it true you can only remote start the truck 2 times and then you have to start the truck with ignition?

If so is there a way to stop this and allow as many remote starts as you can do.

thanks

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know that not gonna replace the factory remote I asked my question about the factory alarm/remote start not an aftermarket alarm.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I read in 1 of the post here last week about using and starting the truck with the remote start.

Is it true you can only remote start the truck 2 times and then you have to start the truck with ignition?

If so is there a way to stop this and allow as many remote starts as you can do.

thanks
Correct. Two consecutive remote starts at 15 minutes each, then you have to start the truck with the ignition. No way to change it.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

thanks
I’m just curious, I can’t think of a reason to need more than 30 minutes of remote run time. Not being a jerk, just curious why?

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live here in Boston and when it snows I start the truck 2-3 times to melt the snow and warm it up maybe 2 times will be enough but in between shoveling driveway and property if truck shuts off if im not finished i would have to clean off truck to get in start it with key. My 04 had an aftermarket and of course could start as many times needed. it would of been nice to have 3 maybe 4 remote starts with this newer truck for me before locking out the remote start. I guess I will have to adjust.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live here in Boston and when it snows I start the truck 2-3 times to melt the snow and warm it up maybe 2 times will be enough but in between shoveling driveway and property if truck shuts off if im not finished i would have to clean off truck to get in start it with key. My 04 had an aftermarket and of course could start as many times needed. it would of been nice to have 3 maybe 4 remote starts with this newer truck for me before locking out the remote start. I guess I will have to adjust.
Ahhh, here in Ohio we have the ice and snow but nowhere near what you deal with.