TOSS-UP HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my birthday ( 76 ) & WARLOCK's (3) are coming up.
Can I get a response on which mod to get my Baby Warlock..?

The Fastman 82 TB or the Over sized Tranny cooler..( BTW I do not tow)

Kinda leaning towards the TB..even though I do not race or have other Speed mods other than the Vararam CAI and Y Pipe conversion...just interested in thoughts from my peers.
Cheers Dave

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you don't tow the oversized transmission cooler is sort of a waste of money, especially with the 8spd transmission. Even modifying the thermal bypass is not really necessary unless there's a problem with the TMU.
As for air in/exhaust mods there is slim gains unless a tune is in the future thought process.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I usto tow alot with my 2015. Over max towing capacity by about 2000lb and I never seen my trans get too hot with the factory cooler. Personally I don't see it being much use if the factory cooler can keep temps down through the Yukon Mountain. Go with the throttle body 100%

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the reason i relish feedback from all you guys. I'm thinking TB even though likely a waste but hey its a birthday..not a beer guy..Crown Royal or Capt'n Morgan..eye!...thanks for the input guys.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
So my birthday ( 76 ) & WARLOCK's (3) are coming up.
Can I get a response on which mod to get my Baby Warlock..?

The Fastman 82 TB or the Over sized Tranny cooler..( BTW I do not tow)

Kinda leaning towards the TB..even though I do not race or have other Speed mods other than the Vararam CAI and Y Pipe conversion...just interested in thoughts from my peers.
Cheers Dave
Dave...

If you don't already have it... look at the @caulk04 transmission cooler bypass valve and have a transmission service done at the same time. The part is $100 or so CDN shipped to your door.

If you want to spend cash and look after your transmission... then opt for the larger PPE tranny pan as it also adds about 2-quarts of fluid more than what the stock pan does.

Unless you really drive a lot and like to throttle your truck... there's no need for the FastMan TB.

Now, don't get me wrong here... it is a nice upgrade indeed! I bought one and also had the optional backside taper bore done as well.... it was on my 19' and I then transferred it to my new Warlock.

Did it sharpen up my throttle response and add a better 'butt dyno' feeling...YES it did!

However, it ain't cheap and TBH... I had extra cash to burn at the time from a debt repaid that I never expected to be paid back... so it was a bonus only for me.

I'd personally go the tranny cooler bypass valve and PPE pan route.

Either way... Happy Birthday to you both!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just for the record you have the exact same throttle body as the 485 horse 6.4's use Dave,and even on them,the bigger throttle body is still one of the last mods you do. If you don't have a decent catch can,that's a better mod then the TB. Save your money till you can swing a set of long tubes and a tune,or a 6.4 intake manifold,those will actually give you some power,throttle body won't.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone..Wild One, Dodge 1500 4x4, Atcer and all you other folk...appreciate the comments. Yep i have this condition my wife says called "can't sit still"..LOL..wish i had the bucks for the headers & tune..takes so long to save up that kinda change. Guess that's why i am going for the less expensive tid bits ( got the catch can )..anyway all is appreciated...cheers