2013+ cummins dash in 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

landon7320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks, I have a 2011 SLT that I would really like to have the newer cluster and 8.4 uconnect in. Is it possible to buy a complete dash and swap it in? Would the newer TIPM have to be installed aswell? Basically trying to see where it could be adapted in at, or what all will have to be swapped. The truck is paid for, has quite a few things done to it so buying a 13+ really isn't the option i want. The truck is worth all this to me, just need to find what it will take. Tempted to buy the 8.4 uconnect and see if i can build an adapter harness that will make it turn on, and if it will output sound. Thanks for any help!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey folks, I have a 2011 SLT that I would really like to have the newer cluster and 8.4 uconnect in. Is it possible to buy a complete dash and swap it in? Would the newer TIPM have to be installed aswell? Basically trying to see where it could be adapted in at, or what all will have to be swapped. The truck is paid for, has quite a few things done to it so buying a 13+ really isn't the option i want. The truck is worth all this to me, just need to find what it will take. Tempted to buy the 8.4 uconnect and see if i can build an adapter harness that will make it turn on, and if it will output sound. Thanks for any help!
It's not compatible (radio/cluster) with early 4th gens. Only 2013+ trucks (I believe it's due to the CANBUS system of older 4th gens)...