2018 ram 1500 overhead mics after dash harness upgrade from a 2016 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeleeGaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L V6
Hello I recently went through the hastle of changing out the entire dash harness in my truck to accommodate a radio upgrade from the uconnect 5.0 to 8.4 and unlock a few other features later on. My truck is a 2018 ram 1500 slt crew cab. The dash wire harness I swapped in is from a 2016 year range laramie truck so there are a few differences most of which ive got figured out and solved aside from 1. So far everything works aside from the overhead microphones now. My truck came with Bluetooth overhead mics from factory so its already wired and pinned from the mics down the a pillar to the green connector behind the drivers side panel.
My question is what do I need to do to get the mics working from the 8.4 (which is out of a 2015 truck). I noticed that there are a few pins missing from the dash harness side of things that is on my trucks side of the connector but not sure how the wiring works for the 2016 year range because I know they used to have the mic in the rear view mirror.
If there are any pictures required for anyone to help me out let me know. Greatly appreciated!