2013 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimp102

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2013 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I been having a miss fire in cylinder 1 when I rpms go past 5,000. Once I leave off 5 minutes later miss fire is gone and no codes. But when it does happen engine light will flash and go away. I have had the top half of engine rebuilt and problem seems to still exist 3 years later. So I just don't step on it like that. I just drive normal and all is good. I also get a noise that you would get for using cheap gas but I do use 93 octane. What is going on?

Jhon Matheew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The issue you are experiencing with your 2013 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi could be related to the Hemi Trick noise, which is a common problem with these engines.

To diagnose and potentially fix the issues, you could consider the Following steps:
1. Check the engine oil level and quality to ensure it is clean and at the correct level.
2. Inspect the lifters for any signs of wear or damage.
3. Check the exhaust manifold gasket for any leaks, as this could cause a ticking noise.

Remember that using 93 octane gasoline should not cause a noise similar to using cheap gasoline. It is recommend to consult a professional mechanic for further diagnosis and repair.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat