2013 Ram 1500 Blend Door Issue- Single Climate Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imbob218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,

I have a 2013 ram 1500 Express with a 5.7 Hemi that has single zone climate control. In January/February I noticed that when I would walk outside in the morning to start my truck and let the defroster do its thing, I would not be getting air through the defroster, and instead I was only getting air through the floor. I went through multiple forums finding issues with the blend door actuators, only to find that the three accessible actuators are working completely fine. I took the actuators off and listened to what sounded like normal operating doors. I ended up just dealing with the issue and letting the truck run a little longer until the cab was hot enough to defrost the windows. I also have a friend that works for dodge that ran it through the HVAC module test to test the actuators and it showed 3 off the blend doors were "not true" or something along those lines... One day I accidentally found out that when I turn off my truck, the blend doors were resetting. I also found out that if I have my fan on the lowest setting with the blend door control where I wanted it and (while the truck is off), and put the key in the run position, within 10 seconds the air would blow through the selected setting, and right after I can turn it on and it will blow great.

Any ideas?

I was thinking about buying a 4th gen complete repair kit for the blend doors from- 4th Gen Ram (09-19) Complete Repair Kit (Formal instructions coming soon) , but I do not want to waste the $315.00 and take off the dash to do the replacements, just to find out that the doors are not broken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357