2014 2500 frame compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ibedoughboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 2500 5.7, 4x4 regular cab 8' bed with 60k miles I bought at auction. It went hard in a ditch on the driver side and diamond the frame. I had a shop quote it and they said it's very fixable but they wanted $3500 to pull it. I can buy a new frame from the dealer for that it looks like. I called around various shops in the area and no one wants to pull it because it's a 2500. They all said their machine won't handle the frames. The shop that did measure and quote it is a semi truck/ trailer shop.

I have been looking for used frames but being a reg cab they are not readily available. I did find a reg cab 4x4 frame locally but it's for a diesel. Anyone know what all is different for the gas v diesel frames?

Other option is I just part it out. Being such low miles I would hate to scrap it, but I'm not putting that much money into it to get it back on the road.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The frame from a diesel and gas should be the same. Only difference I believe is the suspension up front to handle the heavier diesel motor. I also think the 2500 and 3500 share the same frame with only the suspension being different. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in and clarify this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
A quick parts lookup and they are the same part number for diesel or gas.

You didn't specify the transmission so I went with the manual transmission but it's the same part number for the automatic.

frame-gas.png

frame-diesel.png

OP
OP
I

ibedoughboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh that's interesting. On the Moparpartsgiant.com site it lists different part numbers for the gas and diesel and they aren't the same as the ones above.

I found the site you reference below:

A quick parts lookup and they are the same part number for diesel or gas.

You didn't specify the transmission so I went with the manual transmission but it's the same part number for the automatic.

View attachment 210061

View attachment 210062

Now I'm a bit more confused. Looking on the "what this fits" tab it says that frame pretty much fits gas/ diesel, crew/ regular/ mega cabs, manual/ auto, and 4x4 and 4x2. I know that can't be the case from looking under mine and seeing the raised front bed mount brackets. I guess the crew could use the same rails but would need an extra cab mount.

But in any case, I just need to verify that diesel/ gas reg cab 8' beds are the same.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Oh that's interesting. On the Moparpartsgiant.com site it lists different part numbers for the gas and diesel and they aren't the same as the ones above.

I found the site you reference below:

Now I'm a bit more confused. Looking on the "what this fits" tab it says that frame pretty much fits gas/ diesel, crew/ regular/ mega cabs, manual/ auto, and 4x4 and 4x2. I know that can't be the case from looking under mine and seeing the raised front bed mount brackets. I guess the crew could use the same rails but would need an extra cab mount.

But in any case, I just need to verify that diesel/ gas reg cab 8' beds are the same.

This was a like for like parts search. Plug in the VIN and you'll get an exact match for what you're looking for.

OP
OP
I

ibedoughboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, did what I should have done from the beginning and called the dealer. Gave them my VIN and the VIN for a same year 4x4, reg cab 8' bed but diesel. Parts guy said different part numbers and said they are "probably" vastly different...so probably part out the truck then.

I do find it a little hard to believe they are that different. Looking at used frames on ebay, from the pictures the diesels look the same as my gas frame from the cab mounts forward. The only thing I noticed is on one ebay truck (mega cab) there's a large circular cut out in a crossmember around where the gas tank is. Mine does not have that crossmember. Not sure if that's a diesel thing or a mega cab thing. I haven't found any pictures of regular cab diesel frames to compare.

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The frame on my first ram was bent in half, it fell off a lift. Truck was 2 days old. Essentially the bottom of the front of the bed touched the cab and the top of the bed was almost 3x the normal distance from the rear window.

Lots of attorneys, negotiations, etc. Final plan, take to frame shop where my best friend's cousin managed so I knew they would be straight with me. Then once fixed taken to frame arbitration service for large NYS dealer auction service to verify specs. Very long story, but final specs were exactly factory, better than it came off truck from shipment. I recommend fixing it if your service center is confident of the prognosis. While it is pricey, I think the cost to buy a frame new and transfer everything sounds even more expensive Or if buying used it might be cheaper but maybe with its own problems and have higher risk. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca