2014 2500 shake at 75-80 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashdog69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
less than 1000 miles took to dealer and the service advisor says his Honda has a shake at 80mph and this should be normal (lol). then they told me they balanced the rims and all checked out so I was asking if they checked the pressure in them and mechanic came buy and told me he didn't even balance them, boy I went off. So then they were so nice to balance and set pressure to correct settings. this gave very little if any improvement, but I will not be going back to that dealer after being lied to.
I SEE THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM, IS THERE A SOLUTION ??????

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Shake at 80

Sorry about your dealer experience. As you know already, they shouldn't shake at 80 or anywhere else for that matter. Mine has no shakes, rattles, or nothing else. Even pulling 13 k at 80. Hope you can get better response from your dealer. Mine has been excellent after the sale. Not all dealers are created equal. Good luck.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Your truck should not shake going down the road. I had all sorts of issues and finally resolved the issue by changing tires to a toyo brand (nitto) and haven't had an issue. Some tires aren't round.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
No shakes here either.... definitely doesn't seem right to me!

Havix00

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not only tires, but any rolling mass in the assembly, to include brake rotors. Had my stock rotors replaced with cross/drilled rotors a few months back and can feel a slight shake at 70mph that wasn't there previously.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
With the 10ply tires on that I would ask of they have a road force balancer, and if not, find somewhere that does. Most, most, tires can be dynamically balanced and be fine. If there's a slight abaration in one of the tires or wheels a road force balance would find, and most likely correct that. Worst case if they find an irreconcilibly out of round tire, make the dealer replace it and reimburse you the cost of doing their diag for them.

OP
OP
C

crashdog69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
glad to here this is not as common as I first thought, I know when you first go online looking for a problem all you see is the people with problems and that's miss leading if you don't dig a little harder, I am going to take to a different dealer and I hope they will be more helpful. if not I will be contacting dodge to make sure all is documented until this is fixed.
thanks again for some good feedback

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the 10ply tires on that I would ask of they have a road force balancer, and if not, find somewhere that does. Most, most, tires can be dynamically balanced and be fine. If there's a slight abaration in one of the tires or wheels a road force balance would find, and most likely correct that. Worst case if they find an irreconcilibly out of round tire, make the dealer replace it and reimburse you the cost of doing their diag for them.

I second this. Assuming they find nothing else is causing it. I've heard of a couple cases of people having vibration/shaking despite having the tires balanced, then getting a road force balance fixed it, some tires are finicky it seems.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My truck vibrates at all speeds but is most noticeable at 40mph and above. at that speed, you can see objects in the rear view mirror vibrating, Signs, front end of cars behind me, that kind of thing.

have had my drive shaft, re-phased (micro weights added) all new tires, road force balance, etc.

ALl this has reduced the vibration but it is still there, Had 4 month wait, for a new mirror, tech said the mirror vibrated cause it was bad., They finally got it, installed it, then told me that it is normal.

WTF? Normal? THen why did you order the mirror to begin with?

Trying Lemon Law now, will see what happens, get it fixed(right), return for refund or just plain stuck with it.

Have already decided, if it does not get fixed or bought back, I will sell the truck, in a year or two and never buy Chrysler again. This from a guy who grew up, Mopar. Think my last non Mopar was my 1977 Ford F-250.

Good luck to you
Dave