2014 5.7 1500 Drivetrain Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 5.7 1500 with the 6 speed. Long story short engine went and repair cost was going to be huge for that engine. Truck has higher mileage but found a 2020 truck accident damage with extremely low mileage, all running gear complete, interior removed as well as body panels. It is the 8 speed transmission but gen 4 body style.
I have put all the running gear in my truck including the pcm and engine wiring harness, went really well. Not tried to start it yet though as I needed to put the transmission selector in the dash as it would no longer be the lever shift.

Found my truck harness did not have that connector for the gear knob assembly. Removed dash from donor truck and took that dash harness out. All connected really well accept one of the bigger plugs bellow the bcm. The femal one on my truck is white and the donor is grey.
Question is do I keep changing harnesses from donor on to my truck or source an older dash harness with the white plug that had an 8 speed?

The donor truck is parts only and could not go back on the road. I have the keys for it and it was running.

Jchris56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally would use everything you need from the donor truck you need.