2014 8 speed Diablo trans Tuning poll

Was your 2014 Ram 8 speed trans tunable using DiabloSport?

• Yes, successful

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, failure

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
It doesn't hurt to throw a battery charger on the battery while you're playing with your tuner,always better to be safe then sorry.
Hook mine up every time... a whole 2 amps

Boss_Ram_UK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys. I have attempted to use the i3 today and not got very far. I have updated the unit via computer to ensure that it is fully up to date. Once connected to truck, as soon as I go into the tune vehicle option I am presented with the following message;
'Not all ecus in the vehicle are supported, please continue with tune or disconnect' (or something close to that)
Have you guys witnessed this? I wonder if it is related to the TCM? For the moment i have been scared off.
Thanks.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Oh and it appears that my truck is actually a 2013 truck. Manufactured Oct 13.

It's an early 14 with a Oct 13 build date,and i'm guessing you have one of the trucks not supported by Diablo for transmission tuning.Good chance you'll have to bite the bullet and have the tranny HP tuned if you want tranny tuning. Contact one of these tuners: Jay Greene / Sean Powell /Matt Brown or Ryan Hogan to see what they have to say.

OP
OP
Tim Garceau

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Have you tried uploading a PCM tune only without TCM modifications? Just to ensure the device is writing and saving the backup properly?

Boss_Ram_UK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't tried anything yet, i pulled the plug when i got the message. Sounds like the transmission is most likely not supported and that is why i am presented with this message. I will more than likely try again tomorrow and proceed beyond this stage to upload a PCM tune.
Thanks guys.

OP
OP
Tim Garceau

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Triple check you have the latest firmware on the handheld from DS website. Also, the i3 was new and not mated to another VIN prior? If you didn’t select the perf. Trans tune from the standard tunes it isn’t TCM related. Sounds to me like you couldn’t even navigate to tune options.

Just to take it off the table, do you know of any other tuned 4.5 Gen Rams in the UK? I don’t know about their emissions regulations and if anyone tampers with imported vehicle modules.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had an issue with it at first.. turned out I f@cked it up... Costumer service at Diablo cleared it up quick fast and then it went in like gravy

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys. I have attempted to use the i3 today and not got very far. I have updated the unit via computer to ensure that it is fully up to date. Once connected to truck, as soon as I go into the tune vehicle option I am presented with the following message;
'Not all ecus in the vehicle are supported, please continue with tune or disconnect' (or something close to that)
Have you guys witnessed this? I wonder if it is related to the TCM? For the moment i have been scared off.
Thanks.
What year is your vehicle? Might require an unlocked PCM... Edit, just saw the post that stated the year. It's not the trans tune that's cause your issue... You never even made it to that stage. Sounds like you bought a used tuner that is still married to the other vehicle

Last edited:

Boss_Ram_UK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d be surprised if it is married to another vehicle as it was a sealed box, but not certain!
Is there a way to reset just in case?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Tim Garceau

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
You’re right it should be formatted, did you transfer any data or did it flag you immediately upon plug in?

See if you can read trouble codes or live data, it’s possible you have an OBD port issue.

Boss_Ram_UK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't tried to transfer any data yet as i bailed out. but, it was happy to let me proceed through the error message i think.
I was able to read error codes and it found none.
Perhaps i should try and write a PCM tune tomorrow.
Thanks guys.

OP
OP
Tim Garceau

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Have you tried deleting the TCM tunes and uploading the custom PCM only?

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It only has the pcm tune on it now.

...the i3 doesn’t give me the option to tune TCM at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. So I had Jay Greene tune my TCM using hptuners