2015 5.7 hemi no start w/hot battery.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDub6651

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a 2015 Laramie 5.7 with 180k miles. I drove the truck to a job Saturday and after sitting a few hours found the truck wouldn’t even try to start. the lights are all bright. batt shows 12.4 volts. Some of dash lights up but only for a few seconds then times out. i’m headed back to the truck now and i will take a short video. i grabbed my code reader to see if it threw me a code but it won’t work. i changed the Dlc fuse to no avail. i’m not sure which way to run on this. i have two key fobs, tried both. Disconnected battery for a few min. any help would be appreciated!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
i have a 2015 Laramie 5.7 with 180k miles. I drove the truck to a job Saturday and after sitting a few hours found the truck wouldn’t even try to start. the lights are all bright. batt shows 12.4 volts. Some of dash lights up but only for a few seconds then times out. i’m headed back to the truck now and i will take a short video. i grabbed my code reader to see if it threw me a code but it won’t work. i changed the Dlc fuse to no avail. i’m not sure which way to run on this. i have two key fobs, tried both. Disconnected battery for a few min. any help would be appreciated!
If all your battery is showing is 12.4 volts,it's basically dead,a good battery will be 12.6+.Take a set of booster cables with you.
While you're at it,pick up one of these old school toaster style load testers,they're still one of the best load testers a home mechanic can have,better then the newer digital load testers .

OP
OP
C

CDub6651

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello wild one. Sorry for the delay. i charged the battery and its holding just under 13v 12.7 12.8 i hooked up the old harbor freight toaster load tester and did the 10 sec test. i did this with everything off and with the lights on ( for whatever that is worth ) and it dropped only one volt. i have the truck with me now. i appreciate anything you can add. CW