2015 Hemi 5.7 Shorty Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK I have a 2015 if I put the long tube setup on my truck and have it tuned for the headers and I have to put my factory ECU back on for some reason will it throw codes from the headers?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you go without cats, then it will throw a code within a day or 2. If you go with cats, then you should be good for a few months before you get an engine light on stock tuning.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK one last question I hope. I noticed that the jba,s come with what looks like extensions for the sensors does the obx system come with those also or are they not needed or do you have to find your own?

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
OK one last question I hope. I noticed that the jba,s come with what looks like extensions for the sensors does the obx system come with those also or are they not needed or do you have to find your own?

Mine did not. You can get the extension from BBK or Kook's. I assume you could cut it in half and extend it yourself with some wire.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you go without cats, then it will throw a code within a day or 2. If you go with cats, then you should be good for a few months before you get an engine light on stock tuning.

Without the tune accounting for the better exhaust flow with long tube headers wouldn't the truck run like crap cats or no cats?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Without the tune accounting for the better exhaust flow with long tube headers wouldn't the truck run like crap cats or no cats?

No. These are speed density motors, so you can run every bolt on available on stock tuning, and the truck will still fun perfectly fine. Obviously it would make more power with tuning, but the truck will run and drive without any problems on stock tuning.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Talon,
Can you explain your position a little further? Im considering headers as I remember how much I loved the Edlebrock shorty headers / Borla Exhaust Combo I had on my old Avalanche. The HP gains were pretty good and I loved the combined sound. It was aggressive when you wanted it to be but otherwise limited cabin drone. I always thought LTH were more for the serious racer who was less concerned about noice and more concerned with Speed.
Shorties on these trucks only show about 8-12hp gains. Longtubes give 25-30hp/tq gains and those gains are seen across a wider rpm band as well. There is no question that longtubes put shorties to shame on this motor.

The only reason I would put a shorty header on this motor is if you have a cracked stock manifold and you are out of warranty. Otherwise, you are much better off saving for longtubes, or putting that money towards another mod.

Looks like it has already been covered.
I don't check in often, as Ive traded in my truck.

345growler

Reaction score
Ram Year
May-13
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everybody,
I have a 2015 RAM 1500 5.7 and I was looking to get a set of shorty headers for my truck. On BBK's website they say theirs do fit the 2wd and 4wd but I have been reading that people can not get them to fit on the 4wd driver's side. I sent BBK an email yesterday and this is their response;
"From what I’ve heard the OEM exhaust manifold is the same as the 2014 model so it should fit fine, however, we have not had a 2015 in here to confirm 100% yet."

Do I believe the customer relations manager at BBK or should I run away?

P.S. I know LTH are better but I don't want to shell out that much money just yet.

Thanks for the help.
POOR CRAFTSMANSHIP ABSOLUTELY