2015 Ram 1500 2wd leveled biggest tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

almjr87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everybody,

My current setup is 2in spring level spacer for the front. The rear is stock And have been running 2in wheel spacers for about 2 years now with the factory oem Black 20x9 wheels. Its about time to change the tires and wanted to know if I would be able to clear 35x12.5x20 with my current setup or would 33x12.5x20 be the better option?

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotta do a ton of research on this topic. Some guys say 35x12.5 fit leveled. Others swear that a 4+ inch lift is required "to do it right." Some claim to have done it totally stock. The wheel offset matters too. I think you'll probably be fine, probably depending on your wheel spacers. I have a 3" lift and run 35's without any problems. Check out Custom Offsets in northern WI too. They have a massive gallery of Rams running 35's with various levels of lift.

Below isn't all that that relevant for you, maybe you'll find the different heights I mention informative for you, but other's with air-ride will probably find it helpful, and I went on a writing rant anyways, so I figured I'll just post my .02 out there for other 4th gen's w/air ride.

I didn't feel like dropping $2k+ on an air-ride BDS lift kit (plus it's like a 10+ hour install), so I pieced together my own custom lift with spacers I modified and adjustable air-links. True +2.5" front and +1.5" rear spacers, and I adjusted my links to add another +0.5" for all height settings. So in total I have +3" front and +2" rear in "normal" height - keeping 1" of rake (my particular truck on had 2" of rake to start with). I left a tiny bit of rake because, A: I don't mind it. B: only bumping my truck up 0.5" evenly with the air links retains both "off road" functions without errors and doesn't have an imbalance of air pressures front to rear.

10k miles later -- No rubbing, weird CV joint noises, and I preemptively welded my UCA ball joints, just in case. All in all, <$400 for my lift.

I run 20x10 -25 rims, with 35x11.5 Ridge Grapplers. Even prior to raising it the extra 0.5" it didn't rub, but it looks better at the +3" height, and doesn't have problems when it's lowered in "aero" mode on the highway. And Off-road 1 or 2 give me a true +4 or +5" lift to look cool in parking lots. Lol

Now, maybe my rub-free setup is because I went with 11.5" width tires, not 12.5" - so a little extra clearance... I did that because they still look awesome, cost less, perform slightly better in the snow, weigh less w/less friction and have the same revs per mile = better MPG - I drive a lot, so a mile or two per gallon really adds up for me..

Yellow98stang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not a 34"? 285/75/17
full

full