2015 Ram 1500 center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjz3Ro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anybody else have a very rickety/cheap feeling console lid that rattles and vibrates like crazy? It's driving me completely insane and won't stop unless I'm damn near laying on it..

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Jump seat console or hard console. My jump seat does not make noise but it does shake a lot when I hit bumps. I cannot put any drinks in there such as dunkin coffee from the drive thru because it shake so much it comes out thru the top and makes a mess, pretty aggravating. Pretty much happens in any of the cup holders, truck is a regular cab and has 10 cup holders all useless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kjz3Ro

Kjz3Ro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's the full deep console with the dual lids.. I would guess it's the bottom compartments latch but damn the truck only has 4k on it.. My last truck was 7 years old and didn't rattle or squeak or anything and this Ram hasn't even went back for it's first oil change yet and I hear all kinds of weird noises..

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's the full deep console with the dual lids.. I would guess it's the bottom compartments latch but damn the truck only has 4k on it.. My last truck was 7 years old and didn't rattle or squeak or anything and this Ram hasn't even went back for it's first oil change yet and I hear all kinds of weird noises..

I haven't heard if anyone having problems with them rattling or being lose. I would take it in and have it looked at since your truck is under warranty . After having mine apart to re upholster it I can tell you that there are several pivot points and bolts that could be lose as well as,the mounting bracket. It's posible that a bolt was missed. It's probably a simple fix.

RedRam20s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2012 lid rattled a lot too. It ended up being the latch on the bottom lid. I folded some duct tape to double it up and put it inside the stationary part's latch component (not the lid, but the compartment) to use as a buffer (softener so it wasn't hard material on hard material) and the problem went away.

Does that make any sense?

OP
OP
Kjz3Ro

Kjz3Ro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2012 lid rattled a lot too. It ended up being the latch on the bottom lid. I folded some duct tape to double it up and put it inside the stationary part's latch component (not the lid, but the compartment) to use as a buffer (softener so it wasn't hard material on hard material) and the problem went away.

Does that make any sense?

Yes it does, Thank you I will try that..

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
no gripes on my jumpseat console but I havent noticed or come across many if any complaints on the full console either.. u try visiting the stealership?

OP
OP
Kjz3Ro

Kjz3Ro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
no gripes on my jumpseat console but I havent noticed or come across many if any complaints on the full console either.. u try visiting the stealership?

Not yet, she only has 4400 miles so I haven't been back up there yet.. May do that this weekend if I have time..

johniew398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My bottom lid also ratled until I put a couple of velcro pads under the lid. From all the posts I've read this seems to be a common problem.

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I gave all the hinges/latches a little WD-40 and the squeaking went away.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jump seat console or hard console. My jump seat does not make noise but it does shake a lot when I hit bumps. I cannot put any drinks in there such as dunkin coffee from the drive thru because it shake so much it comes out thru the top and makes a mess, pretty aggravating. Pretty much happens in any of the cup holders, truck is a regular cab and has 10 cup holders all useless.
Ever find a fix?