2016 6.7 2500 weird codes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jking1966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wondering if anybody can help me out with these codes I keep getting. no check lights ever come on. but I get them back roughly every month or so and only like 1000 miles after I reset them. they are U0001-00 , B18BA-11 , B224F-54 , U0184-00 , U0140-00, P0944. they just keep coming back and ive searched them but I never seem to get what others have wrong with there. its a 2016 ram 6.7 auto with 30k on it. ive changed the batteries out about four months ago but I clear the memory and within 1k miles they all come back

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
If you're saying the batteries today still test out fine and are fully charged, I would go and focus on the grounds to the chassis. There's more than one. Check this link out - LINK

OP
OP
J

jking1966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes ive load tested the batteries and they test very good. I also keep it on a tender. I read that post and checked the grounds over the weekend and they were all clean. I also should add I also updated the radio when I first got these codes too. But everything is stock.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
When I see a bunch of seemingly unrelated codes that occur intermittently, I think wiring harness. I this case the codes are for CANBUS issues. Some of the codes are for stuff in the engine bay (ECM) and some are for stuff in the cabin (BCM, radio, door modules). Between the engine bay and the cabin is a big ol' honkin' connector. The connector is located in the engine bay low on the firewall on the drivers side. Usually need to take the left fender well liner off to get to it. This connector can get soaked by splashes, overzealous pressure washing or the undercarriage wash at the car wash. Water can penetrate the connector seals and the terminals inside the connector corrode causing intermittent problems.

I would start by pulling that connector apart and inspecting all the terminals carefully. Something like De-Oxit terminal cleaner can be used to clean the terminals. Badly corroded terminals will need to be replaced. Apply a light coat of dielectric grease and reassemble the connector.

OP
OP
J

jking1966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ill try that I know what your saying because I saw that connector and it was clean on the outside of it. I haven driven this truck in the rain if u can believe that. I just use it to pull my trailer that's why it has such low mileage.

OP
OP
J

jking1966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I looked at the connections and they were all clean. I even load tested the battery today and each one, which there just a few months old, but they went down to 11.9 when loaded 100 amp for 25 secs then touched back to 12.4. even when I first started it the pre heat came on and only took the batteries down to 11.9 then the voltage bounce back to 12.4. I went ahead and just reset the whole system so I'll see how many drive cycles it takes.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Do you have anything aftermarket plugged into the OBD port or an aftermarket remote start? Some of the error codes are caused by a communication interruption