2016 Ram 1500 6" lift ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyleb3388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just purchased a new 2016 1500 quad cab 4x4 Larime in granite crystal and I love it. I've had 5 fords this is my first Ram and I'll never go back. I want to put a 6" lift and run 37's on it. I like the super lift with the Belstien 5100 series shocks those seem to be the way to go from what I have read on here. The only problem I'm running into is super lifts website doesn't say it will fit a 16 I emailed them and they were unsure if it would work. Is anyone running this lift on there 16? If not what is another good lift I can run with the Belstien's? I don't want the rough country because I don't like the idea of a spacer on the rear for the coil spring to lift it.

evoxgsr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cant answer your question but I would say to call superlift they are super great to talk to and deal with. actually anytime ive emailed them they got back to me within 1/2 hr.

heres my 2011 with the kit your refering too and 37s. faeded52ffa3f3f4fc58440a3df4ce6c.jpg

sorry for the bad angle of the picture but I got a new phone and lost all my pics!

my only complaint is the truck sits about an inch and half lower in the front than the rear. and thats with the 5100s on the highest setting. only bothers me because the truck sat level with a leveling kit. good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As long as you have standard suspension (no air) then the Superlift kit will fit your 2016 no problem. There's no change in suspension from 13+ on the 1500's.

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cant answer your question but I would say to call superlift they are super great to talk to and deal with. actually anytime ive emailed them they got back to me within 1/2 hr.

heres my 2011 with the kit your refering too and 37s. faeded52ffa3f3f4fc58440a3df4ce6c.jpg

sorry for the bad angle of the picture but I got a new phone and lost all my pics!

my only complaint is the truck sits about an inch and half lower in the front than the rear. and thats with the 5100s on the highest setting. only bothers me because the truck sat level with a leveling kit. good luck!

X2 here, everytime I walk by it and see the rake I consider trading someone rear coil springs for the 3" just to level it out but I don't want to lose the heigth either.

evoxgsr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
X2 here, everytime I walk by it and see the rake I consider trading someone rear coil springs for the 3" just to level it out but I don't want to lose the heigth either.
ive considered buying zone coil springs for the rear because they offer 3" 4" and 5" but I really like the ride quality of the super lifts I dont want to spend the money and potentially lose ride.

I will say the super lift kit really rides like stock. even with the bilsteins maxed out in the front it is barely noticeable.

I also added a bds dual steering stabilizer to mine which really helped bump steer from the larger tires.

sorry to hijack!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ive considered buying zone coil springs for the rear because they offer 3" 4" and 5" but I really like the ride quality of the super lifts I dont want to spend the money and potentially lose ride.

I will say the super lift kit really rides like stock. even with the bilsteins maxed out in the front it is barely noticeable.

I also added a bds dual steering stabilizer to mine which really helped bump steer from the larger tires.

sorry to hijack!

This is absolutely true. Do NOT install the superide shocks, go with the bils front/rear.

I dont have any bump steer issues (lucky?)... Rides smooth as f***.

As long as you have standard suspension (no air) then the Superlift kit will fit your 2016 no problem. There's no change in suspension from 13+ on the 1500's.

I 99.999% knew it would work .. Just didn't want to be the one to say it and be wrong lol.

IMO

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I dont have any bump steer issues (lucky?)... Rides smooth as f***.

It's not at all common (or very possible) for a Ram 1500 with IFS and rack and pinion steering to have bump steer as there's nothing in the suspension system that would cause that to happen. Really steering stabilizers on a 1500 are more for looks than anything.
Bump steer is caused by the track bar and drag link not being at the same angle so when the suspension moves one of the bars is moving more/less than the other which causes a jolt in the steering wheel. Obviously this is likely to happen going over bumps which is why it's called bump steer. A 1500 doesn't have a front track bar or drag link so obviously this issue isn't going to be present.