2016 Ram 1500 express 8.4 uconnect and premium gauge cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEGAVITES

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looking at a 2016 Ram express and as far as i understand...the cluster can is a simple swap to the premium 7"?
Also, an upgrade to the 8.4 uconnect with correct bezels and adapters is also fairly simple.
Sorry if I mis-state something as i'm learning as I go. Just trying to verify there's no show stoppers in the above.
I assume this would be true for any year Express (say 14 -19)?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
looking at a 2016 Ram express and as far as i understand...the cluster can is a simple swap to the premium 7"?
Also, an upgrade to the 8.4 uconnect with correct bezels and adapters is also fairly simple.
Sorry if I mis-state something as i'm learning as I go. Just trying to verify there's no show stoppers in the above.
Generally speaking yes. For clusters I'd find a 2016 or newer cluster and for 8.4 radios id recommend a 2018+ so you get the newer features.

alexander122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What happened