2017 3.6vvt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christians4hope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 vvt
I just bought a 2017 crew cab. I love my truck. But I was on a budget. So I bought the v6. I'm wanting some cheap power and I was told it be cheaper to slap a turbo on than to build the engine. I'm still going to put new rockers and lifters on it before I get a tick. And probably better cams. But is there a turbo kit that works better with this engine? I don't pull anything with it. Maybe my boat once in a blue moon.
I have a work truck, this is more of a show truck for me.
Please let me know

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Search the forum. Someone did exactly what you describe with a truck that they inherited. The person who did it had some difficulties along the way and they seemed to a competent wrench turner and owned a good selection of tools to to the job. I own the V-6 and don't find it lacking in power for my needs but everyone has their wants and needs. I do think that most here will tell you to simply trade it for the V-8.
Good luck

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Something to consider is the current mileage on your 2017. I’ve boosted a few Mustangs in my day and from my humble experience engines with an appreciable amount of miles don’t hold up well with boost. If you have close to or over 100K miles already on the truck consider selling it and buying the hemi. It will be cheaper in the long run.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just bought a 2017 crew cab. I love my truck. But I was on a budget. So I bought the v6. I'm wanting some cheap power and I was told it be cheaper to slap a turbo on than to build the engine. I'm still going to put new rockers and lifters on it before I get a tick. And probably better cams. But is there a turbo kit that works better with this engine? I don't pull anything with it. Maybe my boat once in a blue moon.
Please let me know
IT's pricey but if I win the lottery I'm doing this...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First thing is your wife will take half and move to Costa Rica. Ha!
You are in TRX territory with lottery money.
YEAH, I am awaiting Lottery Money. Dealership wants 121K for TRX, kinda out of my price point. Besides, I just put new winders in house, gotta pay for all dat expensive glass, hee hee. One can "dream" tho.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
First thing is your wife will take half and move to Costa Rica. Ha!
You are in TRX territory with lottery money.
TRX is a great truck, but I think I would probably buy my brother one and then add everything I've ever wanted to my 2014...more fun that way!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Please let me know
Google rip mods located in statin island,

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat