2018 1500 sport hemi steering intermediate shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fukndoug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys this is my first post, usually I find my answers in the threads.

I have a 2018 1500 sport hemi with 165,000kms

Early this year I had some steering issues I thought was the steering rack, it went away when the weather got warmer, now while the weather is still hot as hell my steering feels stiffer than it should and there’s a creaking in the steering wheel but not outside, I did some investigating and it’s the intermediate shaft in the cab.

My question is, do I have to change it? Or is there a way to lube it? I tried wd40, I tried some silicone sprays, tomorrow at work I was thinking of using grease that I use on the cranes I repair. I can get a new one for around $120 but it’s kind of a pain in the ass to change. Just wondering if any of you guys have had this prob and found a solution? Thanks!

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had an F150 that did that. Shot some grease in the universal cups, using a grease gun pin adapter to get it behind the boots. Worked like a charm smoothing them out , after 1 application, for 8 years, then sold the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357