2018 seat into a 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Typhoonvash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a set of nice leather seats from a 2018 ram 1500 I am installing them in my 2007 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I found out to my surprise new seats have the heat and ac feature. I have know issues cutting/tapping into wire harness and soldering them back together. Does anyone know how to wire these up?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
First off welcome to the forum, there's a whole lot of different threads on throwing some 4th gen seats into a 3rd gen. Power movement and lumbar is pretty simple, I had a 12 gauge red and a 12 gauge black wire in the gray/black plug on my '17 seats. If you have that send 12v constant to the red and ground the black and that'll give you power movement and lumbar

But to my knowledge nobody has hooked up the heated/cooled part of them. Thats controlled by the heated seats module (HSM), which doesn't play well with our old 3rd gen computer systems.

I'd imagine its possible to wire it up, it would just take time and a lot of custom wiring to bypass the HSM. Be careful with the yellow plugs though, those "typically" has something to do with the airbag system in the seats, so definitely be confident in what wires you're working with or they might pop