2019 2500 Tradesman 8.4 / 12 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SGTrucks

Reaction score
Purchasing at 2019 - Ram 2500 with the entry level radio (has xm / backup camera / bluetooth) - links to 8.4" or 12" radio / screen upgrade or kits or threads? (Found a few youtube videos / trying to find the links where to buy the kits / what harnesses etc will be needed). Is there a shop / store that does these types of upgrades (Columbus OH) and do I need to just upgrade the screen / panelling or is there a radio component upgrade as well?

Mainly want it for link to the phone for apple play / Waze navigation. Am towing so anyway for trailer camera integration would be great (if not i'll just use my additional monitor that links to the camera on the trailer).

Thanks for any suggestions.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think your interior and required items would be similar to 4th gen, check out the sticky thread there.

For 8.4 you need a new bezel and I think a new harness. PM M²Mods in vendor section for help on harness. Bezel can get from Infotainment. If you don't already have steering wheel volume controls you can get kit from Benny at allmoparparts in vendor section. For radio you can look for one from wrecked truck or buy refurbished from company like Infotainment (avoid 2018 units, had delamination problem). I don't have experience with 12 inch unit. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat