12" UAX Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

71_340

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
I bought a UAX upgrade for my 2021 Ram 1500 DT from CarPlayNav (in Canada), mostly because it saved me money, compared to US based companies. As they say, you get what you pay for.

The company was very responsive during the sales process and until they had my money. Then it took almost three months and filing a case with PayPal to get my UAX kit. Once installed, the BU camera didn't work, along with some other features. After numerous emails and phone call attempts (they don't answer) I finally got a hold of somebody, and he decided that the module (Canadian software) was incompatible. I was supposed to get another module (US software) within two weeks........that took two month, that still didn't fix the issues. They do not answer my emails anymore or reply to messages left on their voicemail.

I have since traded the truck for a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie. Of course, I lost money because the UAX wasn't working and even the dealer couldn't fix it.

I am writing this as a warning to those who want to upgrade. Avoid CarPlayNav at all cost, they will rip you off.

OP
OP
71_340

71_340

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
In all fairness I have to report that I received a partial refund from CARPLAYNAV: