2020 ram 1500 mega cab shorty header options 5.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevor777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello from Canada,

New to the site here and have two cracked manifolds on my 2020 ram 1500 new style mega cab. Dealer says they are on back order and suggested headers if I’m going to keep the truck. In searching for shorty headers, I can’t find any that will fit the mega cab 5.7 hemi.

Has anyone replaced the manifolds with shorty headers on a mega cab and if so, what is the brand and part number? I’m still under warranty, but hesitate to replace with the same ones which will most likely crack again.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Trevor777

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello from Canada,

New to the site here and have two cracked manifolds on my 2020 ram 1500 new style mega cab. Dealer says they are on back order and suggested headers if I’m going to keep the truck. In searching for shorty headers, I can’t find any that will fit the mega cab 5.7 hemi.

Has anyone replaced the manifolds with shorty headers on a mega cab and if so, what is the brand and part number? I’m still under warranty, but hesitate to replace with the same ones which will most likely crack again.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Trevor777
Doesn't the Mega cab use the same basic frame as the 2500's do,if so you're probably SOL on shorties,and will have to step up to long tubes for a 2500.Ask Nick at GotExhaust,he'll be able to send you in the right direction.

OP
OP
T

Trevor777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m not sure about the frame being similar to the 2500, just thought they shrunk the box as it’s only 5’ 6”. I’ll reach out to Nick to see what he says. Thank you

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’m not sure about the frame being similar to the 2500, just thought they shrunk the box as it’s only 5’ 6”. I’ll reach out to Nick to see what he says. Thank you
Start digging for info on the frames,as i know the earlier megacabs used the same basic frame as the 2500's and 3500's did,but i'm not positive about your 2020.But i'm guessing if you can't find shorties to fit it,they probably still use the heavier frame.
I remember reading a facebook post a few years back where somebody had used the Jeep SRT manifolds on their earlier megacab,might be an option to look into.The Jeep manifolds are basically a shorty header,you could even look into the manifolds off a 6.1 or 6.4 Challenger/Charger they're also a factory shorty style manifold.
You're exhaust will need a bit of tweaking for the SRT manifolds to bolt up to it,if they will fit.
Your other option is to look into a set of long tubes for a 2500 with the 6.4

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trevor777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info! Another dealer was able to source the stock replacement manifolds for both sides and its covered under warranty still so I’m going that route for now but will investigate those options! Long tubes would be sweet for sure. Thanks again