2021 Camping season...planning for the future.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
392DevilDog

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
i havent been to glendale in years. i have heard it has changed some with the monitoring of the alcohol. i may look into blue knob.
Ah. I thought you meant you were just there.

Yes. Glendale used to suck. Now it is much more user friendly. They even let kids write on the sidewalk with chalk and you are not fined if you accidentally kill a blade of grass.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah. I thought you meant you were just there.

Yes. Glendale used to suck. Now it is much more user friendly. They even let kids write on the sidewalk with chalk and you are not fined if you accidentally kill a blade of grass.
nope, went there 3 yrs ago and said never again when the camp police were going site to site looking for alcohol. i pulled out and havent gone back. we take the boat to the lake and fish there almost daily and also visit briefly if friends camp there. i just had no interest w their shenanagans. i may give it a whirl again...so far i stick w raystown and a few other local campgrounds.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you need to wear a mask on Your site in USA.
i dont know honestly. every state has differing rules. in pa, they wanted you to wear masks anytime you left your house.....i dont

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, not if your 6' away but no one does anywhere.
Ouch. I know here in Ontario if you are on your site. Now there are big tree fill sites typically you don’t need a mask but any commen area ie. the bathroom room or walk on the roads you should have a mask on and the park staff may expel you from your site if you do not follow the guidelines

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm only going by 1 campground. That's our usual CG. I can't say what the other ones are like. It's family owned and the owners aren't the biggest fans of masks. But while inside, we play by the rules.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
At the PA state parks your supposed to wear a mask when in common use areas such as the shower house, otherwise there are no requirements I am aware of.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
couldnt verify that either way. i have exemptions so i fall in a different catagory

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
i dont know honestly. every state has differing rules. in pa, they wanted you to wear masks anytime you left your house.....i dont

Last July we traveled NE with our TT. Colorado to Ohio and back. Masks only required in common areas where distancing wasn't possible. Went South this winter for 2 months and the same applied in all campgrounds both public and private. Next to sitting at home RV'ing is as good isolation as you can get.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last July we traveled NE with our TT. Colorado to Ohio and back. Masks only required in common areas where distancing wasn't possible. Went South this winter for 2 months and the same applied in all campgrounds both public and private. Next to sitting at home RV'ing is as good isolation as you can get.
yeah and alot of people are getting into camping now as previously discussed due to they feel safer. makes for seasoned campers frustrations

carverwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
18 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can't wait to get rolling this season. We did a 13,000km. round trip from Ottawa to San Diego and everything in between last winter and got home in March just before the boarders locked down. Can't cross the boarder yet so we will be touring around Ontario this season. Already booked Algonquin Park in May.

rvandtruck.jpg

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just booked our first trip for August. We're going out before then but friends of ours are coming down to NJ from PA then so that's been our annual get-together. They make reservations for all of us at once so we get sites that are next to each other. Three families total.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We just booked our first trip for August. We're going out before then but friends of ours are coming down to NJ from PA then so that's been our annual get-together. They make reservations for all of us at once so we get sites that are next to each other. Three families total.
hey we do the same thing w our friends

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
yeah and alot of people are getting into camping now as previously discussed due to they feel safer. makes for seasoned campers frustrations

It sure does. We had a hell of a time finding campsites- something we never experienced in all the traveling we have done. Seems last spring when things opened up somewhat many went out and bought rv's, ohv's, and anything else recreation related. Hope everyone gets back to work and we can go back to normal camping situations. Look for good deals on used RV's in a year or two.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It sure does. We had a hell of a time finding campsites- something we never experienced in all the traveling we have done. Seems last spring when things opened up somewhat many went out and bought rv's, ohv's, and anything else recreation related. Hope everyone gets back to work and we can go back to normal camping situations. Look for good deals on used RV's in a year or two.
i think ur rite! gonna be a buyers market in a few years when most ppl say F it i wanna go to the beach in a hotel or this is too much work!!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
i think ur rite! gonna be a buyers market in a few years when most ppl say F it i wanna go to the beach in a hotel or this is too much work!!

I am sure there will be some of that, but also some who discovered camping due to the pandemic and now realize its great like the rest of us and stick with it.

It sure is difficult finding good sites that's for sure.

As far as confirming the masking requirements, check your reservation confirmation. I believe it was in there somewhere or on the website when your going through the reservation proccess. Sorry I don't have time to find it now, but that's where I saw the requirements.

dwade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
One of the reasons I bought my Ram was to take longer trips as my Cheby didn't have the ponies under the hood for hilly or mountainous driving.

We've got our 1st campground booked at Hocking Hills in Ohio for a 3 day weekend in early May. I need to do spring cleaning and flush the water lines but will wait until mid April to do that so we don't freeze and lines and have them burst.

Camping season can't come soon enough for us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't wait to get rolling this season. We did a 13,000km. round trip from Ottawa to San Diego and everything in between last winter and got home in March just before the boarders locked down. Can't cross the boarder yet so we will be touring around Ontario this season. Already booked Algonquin Park in May.

View attachment 240862
My wife has Algonquin booked for April and July. Kill bear. June and Bon Echo in July. I just rope all the areas stay in red or orange just hire Pinery is going Gray next week so no camping there

Was going to go to thunder bay but not ready fort that much interaction with people. We alway go south in March Disney Fort wilderness. Or Myrtle beach but not this year. Boo boo.

C3599996-C2E5-4833-9A27-6011DFCEFAE0.jpeg

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
sure is sad. this was raystown. couldnt believe it. ill keep those comments to myself about what i really think but you are rite, truely sad.

Raystown Lake? I went several times last year and didn't see campers with masks on.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk