2021 Powerwagon Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjcodner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone know if the springs, shocks and trackbar from a 2021 Powerwagon fit a 2015 Ram 2500 tradesman? The guy listing them say it fits 2017-2021 and I didn’t think there was any difference between a 2015-2017.

Thanks in advance
Paul

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know aftermarket companies like Thuren Fabrication list the same parts for 2014 - 2023 Ram 2500 trucks.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes they should fit no prob down to ‘14. The ‘19 and up front springs were a little taller then the ‘14-‘18, but they should still fit right in. Probly gain a solid 2” or a smidge more up front.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly. They will fit but will make the truck a good bit taller.

OP
OP
pjcodner

pjcodner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Exactly. They will fit but will make the truck a good bit taller.
I am looking to accomplish two things. A bit of a lift to run 35’s on factory 20’s and to soften up the ride some. I don’t haul heavy loads but would add bags if I started to.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will talk to seller to see if they are firm on the price. Not sure if $500 for springs, 4 bilstein’s, trackbar and rear sway bar links is a good price. They were pulled from a 2021 Powerwagon at 19k miles.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess for comparison the cheapest leveling kit from Thuren is $980 that includes front springs, trackbar, and front shocks only. It's over $200 for the cheapest rear shocks.
I think the Power Wagon setup would be a nice option for your truck. $500 is probably not a bad deal, but not really a killer deal either. In the Jeep world it's common to put the Rubicon suspension on a Sport model for the same reasons (small lift and slightly better shocks, etc...) with the complete setup going for $200-$300. Actually just did this for a guy recently....but will say that Jeep Rubicons are way more common than Power Wagons. I would probably offer the guy $300 cash and see what he says. Not sure what the market for this stuff is as you don't see it very often.

OP
OP
pjcodner

pjcodner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Offered him $300 and will be picking up the parts on Saturday. One last question I know the Powerwagons have sway bar disconnects. Are the links longer than a stock 2500? If I need to replace mine what should I go with?

Last edited:

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hopefully I'm answering this correctly and if not someone can correct it but I wouldn't think the links would need to be any longer or be a problem. I say this because you can level your truck using a puck above the spring and get 2in of lift from it and the longer links are not needed so I don't see why it would be any different using power wagon springs.

OP
OP
pjcodner

pjcodner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hopefully I'm answering this correctly and if not someone can correct it but I wouldn't think the links would need to be any longer or be a problem. I say this because you can level your truck using a puck above the spring and get 2in of lift from it and the longer links are not needed so I don't see why it would be any different using power wagon springs.
Yeah that is what I am thinking as well however he did give me the rear links and I know the fronts have disconnects so that is probably why I didn't get those. He replaced everything with a full Thuren setup and they came with rear links.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah that is what I am thinking as well however he did give me the rear links and I know the fronts have disconnects so that is probably why I didn't get those. He replaced everything with a full Thuren setup and they came with rear links.
The rear will be longer but the front should be the same. When I had my tradesman 2500 I did the front level puck and didn't need longer front links. I just did the thuren front springs and fox shocks this time on my wagon. And now have the stock springs and shocks I need to get rid of. You should notice a nicer ride with even going to stock power wagon suspension over a standard 2500.

OP
OP
pjcodner

pjcodner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got the suspension parts on a few weeks ago. Took about 8 hours in my garage with jack stands and a pump jack. Worse part of the whole install was I didn't have big enough sockets to swap out the front track bar so I had to find a 27mm socket at home depot. I really like the ride of the truck now. It no longer feels out of control going over train tracks and bumps at 30-40 mph. The ride is a whole lot smoother. It doesn't even look too bad with the factory 20"s and stock tires. I thought for sure I would be buying new rubber after the swap but I think I will wait till these wear out.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the suspension parts on a few weeks ago. Took about 8 hours in my garage with jack stands and a pump jack. Worse part of the whole install was I didn't have big enough sockets to swap out the front track bar so I had to find a 27mm socket at home depot. I really like the ride of the truck now. It no longer feels out of control going over train tracks and bumps at 30-40 mph. The ride is a whole lot smoother. It doesn't even look too bad with the factory 20"s and stock tires. I thought for sure I would be buying new rubber after the swap but I think I will wait till these wear out.
No pics?! :D

OP
OP
pjcodner

pjcodner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No pics?! :D
Here you go. I took them in the garage as it is raining out and the truck is fairly clean. :) That other tire in the first picture is my wifes Jeep Rubicon 392. Two 6.4l hemi's in the garage, does it get any better than that?

IMG_0849.jpegIMG_0850.jpeg

Last edited: