2023 ram 2500 dash camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sapientiam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Hello,

I have a 2500 limited, with all the cameras.

Is there anyway I can tie into the existing camera system and save the data as opposed to getting a separate dash cam?

If not is there a recommendation for a favorite dash camera for these trucks?

All the best!

deanfx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, I use a Viofo A119 mini with a dongar rear view mirror plug and play tap.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hello,

Is there anyway I can tie into the existing camera system and save the data as opposed to getting a separate dash cam?
This question has been asked many times and I am also looking for a way to do "Tesla" type camera recording. So far, nothing.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
This question has been asked many times and I am also looking for a way to do "Tesla" type camera recording. So far, nothing.
Hello,

All the best!
I think the answer is NO. I have not found one so far (as I am looking for the same solution to tie into the factory camera system).

HERE IS A WAY to tie your camera into the overhead console for ignition/accessory power (using a "switched wire") WITHOUT HAVING to run wire to the fuse box.

But it will not give you sleep mode. You would still need to run a separate hard wire for the live positive (+) for that to be all collocated up in the overhead console = full park mode capability.

The benefit to this method is that if you only have a front camera, there will be no wires to run under the headliner to the A Colum down to the fuse box. Even if you have a back camera, you will only need to run the back camera wire under the headliner to the rear, without having to go down the A Column.

Note = IF YOU HAVE A SELF DIMMING MIRROR - there is a simple dash cam wire harness / connector available for your dash cam power. It's made by Dongar Technologies.

This video shows a PT that will tap into your mirror wiring and provide direct USB power for your dash cam (again, this will only provide power when the ignition is on). But again, you will not have to run any other wires from the camera down to the fuse box.

1697301966996.png

1697302066651.png

TorqueWagon

Reaction score
Westmost point in the contiguous United States
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hello,

All the best!
I had the same idea. Researching it briefly it turns out that it is highly likely the cameras in your truck would not be compatible as they are the wrong resolution/format or analog/digital for dash cam use with another unit.

One possibility for me is to find a power wire in that overhead console that has switched ACC power, intercept that to power my existing dashcam which I would mount just outside and next to the mirror pod assembly. I am thinking that the power that goes to the dome lights up there would work, as that power line always goes off when the truck shuts down.

Last choice would be to find one of those units that replaces the entire "mirror pod housing" and has both front and rear looking cameras in one body/location.

Last edited:

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use thinkware u1000 with separate batteries for parking mode. They now have a newer model u3000