2024 DODGE RAM 2500 OBSTACLE COURSE TEST DRIVE N.A.I. Detroit Auto Show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I’m new to this board and to be fully transparent, I've been a Gladiator Mojave owner for a few years now, and just taken possession of a new Punk'n Mojave. However, given that our trucks are cousins of sorts, I wanted to reach out to you all and share what I understood to be a 2024 DODGE RAM 2500 OBSTACLE COURSE TEST DRIVE video I filmed at the 2023 North American Int. Detroit Auto Show this past September. I’m still honing the recording / edit / YouTube'ing craft, but I'm thinking more of the brethren here on the board will enjoy it versus not. Also, I have some additional Dodge exhibit footage that I'll work to get edited as soon as time permits. So, just let me know if you'd prefer that I post those new video links on this thread or create a new thread.

Oh, and just to confess, I'm not to far removed from Dodge, since I did drive what I recall being a '78 Power Wagon for a short while decades ago back when I was in high school. So, believe me when I share that every keystroke in this message has pulled on my heartstrings just a bit now that I'm recalling how I let that one slip away so many years ago.

Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
In Gear

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like that! I've been to Colorado a handful and a half of times and Utah only twice to mainly take in some sights, hiking, camping, hiking, and hot spring soaking. However, I really would like to peel deeper into the onion, so to speak. That is to say just short of grinding away shards of steel, aluminum and equity (LOL)!

OP
OP
In Gear

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By the way, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for the welcoming thumbs ups! You guys and gals are alright in my book even if the tops of your trucks don't come off. Lol!

Oh, and no pressure, but just asking if you do enjoy the video and think others would, "they" say likes on the video help the algorithms promote this video's visibility in the sea of Great to Blah stuff out there. I am no doubt biased, but I'm grading this video somewhere between a solid Blah-plus to maybe just under a Great-minus. So, I'd like to give this amusement park ride with a Ram 2500 a chance to be seen by the guy on the fence between buying a Ram or one of the other guys (you know...ovals and bow ties).

One more thing, any feedback on my future posting of additional Dodge Truck exhibit space videos? Should I post new threads for 2-3 separate but related videos I think I have the footage for or post video links within this thread? You choose.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ooh that was like a playground for trucks. I especially like the fact that the driver was a gal, I might be a little biased being one myself :)
I would love to see more of that, same thread or new one either way works for me.

OP
OP
In Gear

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
She was truly "dialed-in" and she didn't even spill her coffee!

oops, I didn't quote right. see below...

OP
OP
In Gear

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ooh that was like a playground for trucks. I especially like the fact that the driver was a gal, I might be a little biased being one myself :)
I would love to see more of that, same thread or new one either way works for me.
She was truly "dialed-in" and she didn't even spill her coffee!

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I like the Mojave package. Kept hoping they'd put the 5.7 Hemi in there, but I guess that ship has sailed. I'm out of garage space, or...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That obstacle course reminded me of my Grand Fathers farm.
It had steep side hills, that anyone going through there, did not dare stop half way up, the vehicle might roll over or at least side a bit while you climbed it

OP
OP
In Gear

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the Mojave package. Kept hoping they'd put the 5.7 Hemi in there, but I guess that ship has sailed. I'm out of garage space, or...
Yeah, I can relate. The funny thing is that for everything that I've done with my Mojave(s) I've never really suffered in terms of my use with the 3.6's. So, it's been adequate and more than, but who wants to describe anything as adequate? "They" say that the 3.6 is a higher revving engine, but there are times I'm on a slight grade and really not trying to muscle the throttle and I do get distracted with what seems like a lagging hmmm of rpm's (approx. 2700-2900) before it finally settles in to that next gear; and I think to myself, "I could have had a V8". ...80's / 90's commercials anyone? So, yes, in the world of hybrid's, I6 or v6 with or without turbos, roots style superchargers, v8, etc.; I'd rather simply have a somewhat efficient and modest V8 for some this and that.

Look, I'm not an engine builder, but I'm not without some experience in the ways of major repairs by my own hands. So, if it's the larger displacement and/or greater crank rotating mass (if that's true for torque), or, and, or, ...ok, ok, fine, I'll just admit that I want that V8 sound!

Besides, there is just no way that I can be convinced that the 3.6 is that much more efficient when spun up to turn 33' to 35' wheels via 4.10 gears in anything that approximates a mid to full-sized truck and has the aerodynamics of you know (a brick). However, I realize that mfgr's are constrained by CAFE standards, so they likely have to pinch droplets of fuel wherever they can to best manage the fines. Sadly, I'm not my happiest with all of that, but I'll survive and maybe get a bit of Vit. D on my face in the process. Just my $.02's.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have ridden over the same type of course in different Jeeps at the Washington DC auto show, always fun. And then just a few weeks back I had my 2500 screaming around the Watkins Glen International Raceway, literally screaming. Never sounded so good and reached some insane speeds. Certainly not a race car, but a blast nonetheless.

Attachments

• PXL_20230916_212648100~2.jpg
    PXL_20230916_212648100~2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
In Gear

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have ridden over the same type of course in different Jeeps at the Washington DC auto show, always fun. And then just a few weeks back I had my 2500 screaming around the Watkins Glen International Raceway, literally screaming. Never sounded so good and reached some insane speeds. Certainly not a race car, but a blast nonetheless.
I did a Jeep Ride along as well. It was one of my earlier video, so a bit cruder in some respects, I tried to roll with the punches with a bit of a bloopers reel at the end.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
In Gear

In Gear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Always fun to exercise the machinery! Bring your Gladiator out to CO or UT some summer and we’ll test the inclinometer outside of the matrix.

View attachment 531190
Hey Travelin Ram and crew,
I'm looking at trying to get to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari, and, and, and wondered who might be there or in the area. Perhaps I'm too late for sign up as I've seen some cut off in Feb., but I'm thinking there'd be a lot of fun in play. What say you and crew?
Thanks!
Bret

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Hello, I’m new to this board and to be fully transparent, I've been a Gladiator Mojave owner for a few years now, and just taken possession of a new Punk'n Mojave. However, given that our trucks are cousins of sorts, I wanted to reach out to you all and share what I understood to be a 2024 DODGE RAM 2500 OBSTACLE COURSE TEST DRIVE video I filmed at the 2023 North American Int. Detroit Auto Show this past September. I’m still honing the recording / edit / YouTube'ing craft, but I'm thinking more of the brethren here on the board will enjoy it versus not. Also, I have some additional Dodge exhibit footage that I'll work to get edited as soon as time permits. So, just let me know if you'd prefer that I post those new video links on this thread or create a new thread.

Oh, and just to confess, I'm not to far removed from Dodge, since I did drive what I recall being a '78 Power Wagon for a short while decades ago back when I was in high school. So, believe me when I share that every keystroke in this message has pulled on my heartstrings just a bit now that I'm recalling how I let that one slip away so many years ago.

Cheers!
Thanks for the post!
We are a Jeep/Ram family here...
FWIW-I really liked the 3.6 Pentastar that was in my Wrangler (and my wife's Grand Cherokee Trailhawk)
Easy to maintain and had decent power...