2024 Laramie has red turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't think it is this easy, to classify rear turn signal color by model year. Yesterday, while out and about, I saw GEN 5 RAMs with different-looking rear taillamp assemblies. Curious, when I got home I went to cars.com and started looking at pictures of 2019 RAMs 1500s (first year of GEN 5s). What I discovered is the trim level determined what color the rear turn signal would be, lending credence to wild one's observations. Laramie and up trims that received the LED tail lamps had amber rear turn signals, and lower trims had red rear turn signals as standard equipment.

While on cars.com, I looked at a few 2022 models of the HDs and the same rule seemed to apply, only the LED tail lamps had amber turn signals.

View attachment 538913
View attachment 538914
My post about the colors of the LED tail light equipped trucks was not a guess.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My post about the colors of the LED tail light equipped trucks was not a guess.
Sorry if you thought I was challenging you, I wasn't. I was affirming the LEDs are the ones with amber turn signal lamps. I should have worded it differently. I was focused on wild one' early observation.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think it is this easy, to classify rear turn signal color by model year. Yesterday, while out and about, I saw GEN 5 RAMs with different-looking rear taillamp assemblies. Curious, when I got home I went to cars.com and started looking at pictures of 2019 RAMs 1500s (first year of GEN 5s). What I discovered is the trim level determined what color the rear turn signal would be, lending credence to wild one's observations. Laramie and up trims that received the LED tail lamps had amber rear turn signals, and lower trims had red rear turn signals as standard equipment.

While on cars.com, I looked at a few 2022 models of the HDs and the same rule seemed to apply, only the LED tail lamps had amber turn signals.

View attachment 538913
View attachment 538914
Yep. I think this is correct. There are two other 2019 Ram 1500s in my neighborhood and i compared them yesterday. My Laramie has the LED package and amber turn signals, the two Big Horns have solid red taillamps.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 107062 miles.