2025 Ram Order at Mark Dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have been working with Anthony who is with Mark Dodge. We have gone back in forth with emails with me always having more questions. I am sure he gets tons of emails and mine were just part of his workload. The point is he always took the time to fully answer my questions all the while he probably didn’t know if I would actually order a truck. That didn’t matter because he always was there to answer.

Today was the day that i had finally made a decision. Believe me it was not an easy decision. I was intrigued by the Tungsten. I love technology and was sold on that until i learned that the only interior option was the off white (very light) interior was the ONLY option. Had they offered it in black as well I probably would have bought one. But Ram only saw fit to offer the white interior. I could not ever buy a truck with white interior so the Tungsten was out.

I ended up ordering what I had really wanted from the beginning, a Ram Rebel. Since I love loaded trucks I wanted pretty much every option. The GT Package option turned out to not me available until March 2024. If the order is picked up after that the truck should be built/delivered in around four months. I was able to find out what the two new colors looked like by using info on the paint codes for another Dodge product. Ended up going with the Billet Silver Metallic/Diamond Black lower body color. Hope it turns out to be a good one.

On a side note, the dealer I visited had a new Demon 170 in the showroom. MSRP on the sticker was $125,000 with an additional mark up of ONLY $100,000! That should be illegal.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Congrats on the order, that sounds exciting.

Side note...I would never pay more than MSRP for anything. I, first off would be offended at the dealers blaintent audacity to even offer such gross profit taking. Shame on them.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Congrats on the order, that sounds exciting.

Side note...I would never pay more than MSRP for anything. I, first off would be offended at the dealers blaintent audacity to even offer such gross profit taking. Shame on them.
FYI, Every new car & truck in the Portland Oregon metro area has a minimum added dealer mark up price of $4995 and people pay it without batting an eye, I have seen a few 1500 with over $25K added mark up and they sell at that price :(

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Congrats. Rebel looks best and has best overall usability in my opinion so I think you did well.

The Demon markups are wild. It’s literally for the car collector only. Although my friend just paid over $5k markup for a gmc sierra and another friend paid “only” $15k over for the new hummer ev

AnthonyRI

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
@Mike1C5 thanks for the kind words! Hoping that GT opens on time in March for May production!
I did also find out today that the missing multi-function tailgate option on the Rebel WAS an error, which has since been fixed!

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It's so refreshing to have an easy ordering process, good prices and responsive salesmen who don't call you every 6 hours wanting you to "come in so we can see what we can do for you." They answer the questions you ask.

You guys have a good business model and I send everyone I talk to your way.

AnthonyRI

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
It's so refreshing to have an easy ordering process, good prices and responsive salesmen who don't call you every 6 hours wanting you to "come in so we can see what we can do for you." They answer the questions you ask.

You guys have a good business model and I send everyone I talk to your way.
While we'd be happy to serve you the worlds most okayest cup of coffee . . . you don't ever have to come to the dealership if you don't want to - and still get a RAM at a great price and smooth process lol

OP
OP
M

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yes it really is. I have never paid over MSRP for anything. I guess that is why I always find a great deal anywhere other than greedy Texas dealers.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI, Every new car & truck in the Portland Oregon metro area has a minimum added dealer mark up price of $4995 and people pay it without batting an eye, I have seen a few 1500 with over $25K added mark up and they sell at that price :(

I'd shop elsewhere... Out of area. Out of state if necessary. Will not pay over MSRP.

Dave Smith and a few other volume dealers in Idaho, likely do not add to MSRP. Likely well below. Have not looked in a couple years.

Dave Smith, March 2021, made it worth my trouble to drive up to his dealership. Well below MSRP. Deal mostly completed on the phone and email. Neighbor did not have a trade in. They flew him up and picked him up at Spokane airport. Dave Smith will be my first contact, when in the market for another Ram.

OP
OP
M

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
@Mike1C5 thanks for the kind words! Hoping that GT opens on time in March for May production!
I did also find out today that the missing multi-function tailgate option on the Rebel WAS an error, which has since been fixed!
I figured that was a mistake and not just a supply issue since it didn’t appear on your computer at all. Regarding the production, I thought I had read that t production start date was in February and the GT option would be available in March. Why would the actual production take two months later? Why would the order be held until May if the GT option became available in March? Just curious if I got that wrong.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'd shop elsewhere... Out of area. Out of state if necessary. Will not pay over MSRP.

Dave Smith and a few other volume dealers in Idaho, likely do not add to MSRP. Likely well below. Have not looked in a couple years.

Dave Smith, March 2021, made it worth my trouble to drive up to his dealership. Well below MSRP. Deal mostly completed on the phone and email. Neighbor did not have a trade in. They flew him up and picked him up at Spokane airport. Dave Smith will be my first contact, when in the market for another Ram.
Dave Smith is who I bought my 2022 from, I tried to get the local dealer to understand that the cost of gas to drive the 500 miles to ID was not all that much, that an the wife would really enjoy a few nights away from home and eating out...

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I drove to FL (from NC) to buy mine.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score

Since Dave Smith was bought out several years ago, I think twice now actually, I have been able to easily beat their pricing elsewhere, on both Ram and GM trucks.

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I believe Mark Dodge will ship anywhere to the lower 48 as well. Always worth giving them a call, very straightforward process to end up with an accurate quote.

AnthonyRI

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I figured that was a mistake and not just a supply issue since it didn’t appear on your computer at all. Regarding the production, I thought I had read that t production start date was in February and the GT option would be available in March. Why would the actual production take two months later? Why would the order be held until May if the GT option became available in March? Just curious if I got that wrong.

GT option we have been informed will be available to ORDER in March, for MAY production. That's the normal pattern of order to production for the grand scheme of things for basic allocation orders, which sold-orders follow in a very loose sense, but sometimes can sneak ahead. We started ordering 2025 1500s in December, and they are producing them in February, two months ahead.

Why are they holding back the GT and the two new colors in general? I'd imagine just a general theme of optimization trying to get as many of the mainstream vehicles out there as swiftly as possible - RAM makes money when dealerships order stock vehicles - so they can do so with the most popular colors, and most mainstream options, as quickly as possible - and do more fun/niche items later. That's purely my guess. We're a franchise dealer, they are not required to ever tell us "why" on anything lol.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since Dave Smith was bought out several years ago, I think twice now actually, I have been able to easily beat their pricing elsewhere, on both Ram and GM trucks.
^^^ Great news. Shop for best price. Get a Dave Smith quote, or ANY quote and ask another dealer to beat it.

But, pay anything over MSRP, N O P E.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My last two trucks I drove from NJ to OH to get one and drove from NJ to VA to get one. Wife also got her diesel Grand Cherokee from that same VA dealer.

OP
OP
M

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Anthony,

OK, just so I get this straight. Order is on hold for the GT Package which will be available to order in March. Then the truck will be set for build two months later in May. From then I believe you told me once the order goes in the truck should arrive in 2 to 4 months which would put it arriving sometime between July and September, is that correct?

So the delay would be because Ram would be building 2025 Ram’s mainly for dealer lots before a custom sold order, am I understanding that correctly? I believe you said that is your theory on why Ram would do this. I guess that would make sense since a sold custom order doesn’t stay on the lot where a “stock” dealer order is on the lot waiting for a customer. Not saying I agree with that but most people do not place a custom order, most walk on the lot and pick a truck waiting for a buyer!

I have custom ordered every single new vehicle I have ever purchased. I’m guessing there are few like me. The only time that went wrong was when an ordered 1990 Silverado came in without one option I had ordered. That meant another two month wait for the truck I ordered, total wait was four months. In todays world the wait time has really gotten much longer.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anthony,

OK, just so I get this straight. Order is on hold for the GT Package which will be available to order in March. Then the truck will be set for build two months later in May. From then I believe you told me once the order goes in the truck should arrive in 2 to 4 months which would put it arriving sometime between July and September, is that correct?

So the delay would be because Ram would be building 2025 Ram’s mainly for dealer lots before a custom sold order, am I understanding that correctly? I believe you said that is your theory on why Ram would do this. I guess that would make sense since a sold custom order doesn’t stay on the lot where a “stock” dealer order is on the lot waiting for a customer. Not saying I agree with that but most people do not place a custom order, most walk on the lot and pick a truck waiting for a buyer!
Not me...ever.
I have custom ordered every single new vehicle I have ever purchased.
Me, too.
I’m guessing there are few like me. The only time that went wrong was when an ordered 1990 Silverado came in without one option I had ordered. That meant another two month wait for the truck I ordered, total wait was four months. In todays world the wait time has really gotten much longer.
Only if the buyer is willing to put up with it. I ordered a RAM 1500 in July 2022. It was built and off the assembly line by mid-August. The 1st week in December it was still sitting in a back lot at the plant in Mexico - I cancelled that order. I'll give them 90 - 120 days to get me my vehicle, then I walk.

The following month, in Jan 2023, I ordered my 2500. I told them the same thing - 3 months and I'm cancelling the order. They delivered my truck to me in 60 days. Order what you want, don't put up with the BS, and they will comply.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517