'25 Tungsten at the Minneapolis car show... didn't love it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
One of my check the list items at the car show was to check out the latest tungsten trim... just my opinion but all in all i didn't love it.

Absolutely beautiful to look at but it didn't wow me like i thought it would.

Perceived Negatives
-The offwhite leather was already blue jean stained... not sure if this comes off but not a great sign. Leather seemed pretty thick and high quality though.
-The driver seat was uncomfortable for a big guy like me. The seat 'pan' was too narrow so the side wings pressed into your hips. Not sure if this part is adjustable as there was no power to the seat. Might be a function of the massaging seat build out but i immediately didn't like it.
-The new passenger screen... seemed cool but not sure how functional given its long/narrow. Was trying to figure out a 'why' other than making it easier to adjust passenger side settings. If you can plug in the phone and watch videos... again... the long thin aspect ratio doesn't seem like it would be useful for much.
-Stereo- Not a fair assessment as i didn't take time to adjust settings... just turned it up and wasn't really impressed- a little thin sounding where i expected concert hall sound.

Positives
-Screens... looked pretty amazing... i mean wow amazing.
- Its a Ram which i think is the truck to beat. Surprisingly i saw more folks around the chevy trucks... however they had a much better display (gotta say the chev styling looks pretty tough though)

Still looking forward to a Ramcharger... but not in tungsten trim.

skates15

Reaction score
How was the show? My wife and I plan to hit the archery range today but could go instead.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
I think they have a bench seat as an option. That many be a good choice
for you.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
How was the show? My wife and I plan to hit the archery range today but could go instead.
ended last week. was good but a shadow of years past. No second floor overflow, far less exhibitors. In the past, Jeep had a live obstacle course, they had porsche, bmw, lotus, concept cars etc. Now instead of a wow event... it's mostly good if you are car shopping... you can compare multiple models vs going to 5 dealerships.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
I think they have a bench seat as an option. That many be a good choice
for you.
Bench is my fave setup. I was interested in the massaging seats for those long drives out to western SD... but might not work for me.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Any pictures?
I knew someone would say that lol... honestly nothing beyond what you can already see online. I am not sure it was a RAM display... but rather a local RAM dealer with a few trucks off on the side. Stellantis didn't seem to have much of a presence.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
My wife has a 2023 wagoneer with the pass screen. We have used it ZERO times in the last year and a half. They also come with the white interior which we opted not to get as we have 3 kids and a big dog. The Wagoneer also comes with the Turbo 6 (we opted for the 5.7 tho) so it sounds like they are converting the Ram trucks to be more like the wagoneer which has lots of things I don't love.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I knew someone would say that lol... honestly nothing beyond what you can already see online. I am not sure it was a RAM display... but rather a local RAM dealer with a few trucks off on the side. Stellantis didn't seem to have much of a presence.
In my opinion Stellantis didn't have much of a presence because they don't have any vehicles. Ram and Jeep is about all they have left and neither one is spectacular now with mainly six bangers that are new and so far unproven. Chrysler barely exists and dodge is very weak on vehicles. I myself am very disappointed with what used to be an exciting company with many sharp and eyebrow raising cars and trucks. Actually the stupid EPA is the problem with all manufacturers.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Tungsten has put me out of the market for the following reasons:

Only available with the High Output engine. I've had three 5.7s that have served me well, so the standard engine would be fine.

The passenger screen seems so non-essential and wouldn't want it even if it was free.

I'm not sure I like the new digital instrument cluster, although in all fairness I don't think I've seen a picture of one with a configuration.

I have no use for the high-end audio system.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 109262 miles.

skates15

Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the new digital instrument cluster, although in all fairness I don't think I've seen a picture of one with a configuration.
My Hyundai had a full digital cluster which looked great and was configurable, however after a couple hears the novelty wore off and one of the things I like most about the ram are the dials. It gives depth to the screen, while all digital is flat.

skates15

Reaction score
ended last week. was good but a shadow of years past. No second floor overflow, far less exhibitors. In the past, Jeep had a live obstacle course, they had porsche, bmw, lotus, concept cars etc. Now instead of a wow event... it's mostly good if you are car shopping... you can compare multiple models vs going to 5 dealerships.
I went a few years ago and there was no second floor and it felt more like a car buying show, like you said. It was pretty meh. Glad I went to the archery range instead. Weather was great on the outdoor range.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Interesting. I thought Stellantis pulled out of the car show circuit for 2024? They were not at the Philly show back in January.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RJKNOW79