2500 Outdoorsman owner in MAINE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepN77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi guys,

Love the RF, figured I'd finally register and say hi.

Custom ordered a '15 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman on Dec 26, 2014. Girlfriend has a little sticker shock at first but after getting a fairly good deal on it we ordered it. We weren't going to bother trying to find a truck off the lot when we knew exactly what we wanted.

Truck was ordered pretty option heavy. True Blue with Black lower was our favorite color option. I would have preferred White with Black lower to match my Jeep, but love the Blue/Black combo way better. Cummins of course for towing. Upgraded bucket seats with butt heaters, NAV, Upgraded Alpine stereo, power peddles, EVIC, AUX Switches and a few more. I originally wanted the RAM BOX option, but couldn't get it with the 5ther / Gooseneck hitch options, so it lost the battle against the goose neck hitch. I do have the spray in bed liner and everything is covered by my extended warranty.

I bought a BDS level kit with FOX 2.0 shocks before the truck even came in, so that was sitting at my house waiting for the truck to come in. Install was fairly straight forward. Shocks weren't marked anywhere and they were longer than factory, so I had to call FOX to find out which ones went where. Other than that no issues. It rode way better right after I did it. GF even noticed a huge difference. Plus I have aluminum bodied FOX shocks under it now and they look awesome. I didn't have a way to measure it but it seems a little front high now. I measured it and the rear is 1/2" higher. I'm currently looking for a rear 1" spacer to correct it. I tow a car trailer and don't like the back dropping because my headlights creep up a little.

I love the look of the SPORTS, but unfortunately not available on a 2500. So I pretty much am making mine look like one. I've de-badged all but the C's on the truck, and swapped to blacked out Ram emblems. Little expensive but loved the new look. I had it done at the local detailing shop down the road from my work. I wasn't about to attempt it. While it was in there they tinted the front windows, just a hair lighter than the rear (wanted them darker than they came out, but I'm happy with them), and they did a full detail. I've had some paint issues on the truck and I believe now they seem to be ok. I will see what it is like in the spring when I can spend some serious time cleaning it. I waxed it right before winter just incase so I should be good. Oh, I also put on a set of HUSKY flaps and I really like them. Really nice clean looking flap. Didn't know about the Weather Techs at the time. I'm not complaining, I really like them.

The truck isn't driven every day. I have it sitting in my Shelter Logic. Don't have to worry about it. I try not to drive it in the winters up here. They suck. My GFs car was in the shop for two months and I had to drive it a lot more than I wanted to in the winter. I took it in last weekend and did it's first oil change (7,200 miles) and cleaned it up really good. I rolled under it and thoroughly rinsed the underneath so she should be all set now.

GF hates the fact that it's hard to get in. I'm looking at the new AMP RESEARCH XL power steps hopefully in the spring. Little pricey but they get really good reviews and it's a really nice design. Really good for what we are doing with the truck. I will let you guys know as I get closer and do a write up on them probably with PICS!

I've had the truck just under a year. We love it. Just under 7,500 miles. It's towed vehicles all over the state on my car trailer. I loaded up my GFs Jeep Cherokee to take it to her Dads for the winter and it barley knew it was there. Hills aren't a problem up or down. Just flip on the engine brake and she's good. No pushing at all on the down hills. I put a ton of pellets in the back and that was fine. Dropped a little but not bad. Rated for 2,700 lbs I believe. I also took my trailer to get 2 more tons and that was fine. Usually use the trailer to keep stuff out of the bed of the truck. It's kind of high.

Just wanted to say thank you and give a not so quick introduction.

Ordered the Gooseneck package for a bigger trailer later. I have a old Case Backhoe that I would like to be able to move on my own. Weighs in at just under 10,000 lbs. The rear outrigger design is really wide and will need a flat deck trailer, they stick out past the rear wheels at all times. So eventually I would like a PJ gooseneck that will serve as double duty taking my Wrangler to the Jeep festival in PA. Now that we have the truck I could just throw it on my car trailer but the Jeep needs some things before it can go. OF COURSE!

Just wanted to say hi and give a not so quick introduction. Hoping to get a lot of good info here.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for joining

Tony:rockit: