2500's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Easily one of my favorite mod'ed 2500 CTD yet. I love what you've done so far! Have you decided on the bumper(s) yet?

thanks! i think for now im going to powder coat the bumpers black and have grill painted a combo of red/black. I know ive been talking about it for a while, but i just cant decide.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Morgan, what suspension setup are you running now? I see some bling behind the rear axle there.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I love it. How does it feel on the highway? I almost went with 2.5's, but decided against it because I just would not get to actually use that much shock. I even had a set of Thuren towers ready to go. Have you considered removing the rear block and going with the full leafs out back? I know your PW leafs are soft, but it looks like you have some more room to grow out back. The front setup is perfect.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I love it. How does it feel on the highway? I almost went with 2.5's, but decided against it because I just would not get to actually use that much shock. I even had a set of Thuren towers ready to go. Have you considered removing the rear block and going with the full leafs out back? I know your PW leafs are soft, but it looks like you have some more room to grow out back. The front setup is perfect.

Highway ride is great. It rides smoother than I ever hoped. Dropping the shock pressure from 250 psi where Carli shipped them to about 150/125 front and rear helped a lot and they still do great offroad. I'm not running 70 mph through the desert and jumping the truck so 250 was a little much. I had originally planned on going with the Carli/Bilstein 7100s but talked myself into the 2.5s. I went with the pin tops so I didn't have the extra expense of towers. I don't really need this much shock but after talking with the Carli guys, these supposedly ride even better than the 7100s on the highway, so I figured why not. With as much as this **** costs, I only wanted to do it once.

Long term plan is to go with Carli Deavers, but that will be a while if I even decide to do it. I'm actually very happy with the stock PW leafs. I'm also running Firestone air bags with the Daystar cradles so I have plenty of load capacity and it doesn't limit articulation.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Long term plan is to go with Carli Deavers, but that will be a while if I even decide to do it. I'm actually very happy with the stock PW leafs. I'm also running Firestone air bags with the Daystar cradles so I have plenty of load capacity and it doesn't limit articulation.

I would love to do this. (as I JUST posted in your other thread).
Just can't stomach how expensive they are!

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Morgan, great pics! I especially love the second picture.
Have you taken her out to Moab yet?

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would love to do this. (as I JUST posted in your other thread).
Just can't stomach how expensive they are!

This is exactly why I didn't change them out with the rest of the parts. That's a lot of money for some springs, but I know they are totally worth it, as all Carli parts are.

Morgan, great pics! I especially love the second picture.
Have you taken her out to Moab yet?
Thanks! There's a lot more flexy pics in my build thread. Never been to Moab but I would love to go! It's a long haul from Oklahoma and since the wife doesn't like to wheel, it's hard to take family wheeling trips. Having a 2 month old baby doesn't help much either. I might just have to leave them at home and take me a week long vacation sometime. :D

crroberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
By the looks of these I should've got a 2500.. especially after I found my ideal truck the other day...:sad72:

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
By the looks of these I should've got a 2500.. especially after I found my ideal truck the other day...:sad72:

I hope you get into your ideal truck sooner rather than later.

phobos512

Reaction score
Well I apparently have neglected to post a picture of my truck in here. Shame on me.

Here's Max, my '13 2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CCSB. This was taken in Virginia coming down across the Smokeys in August when we were driving out to Maryland from California. And that's a 2011 CBR1000RR in the back along with a couple of bicycles and some other goodies.

L23IazH.png

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Here's a shot from today.

MuguRock1600x1067Vivid.jpg

And here she is from Friday of last week parked at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

ReaganLibrary1.jpg

Last edited: