2in mopar lift or bilsteins + 1.5 icons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasfish18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Current measurements are df 36.25, pf 35.75, dr 38.25, and pr 38.50
So 2in of rale on one side and 2.75
Seems kinda weird but not my main question

I would like to maintain about 1.5 to 2 inches of rake, I plan on setting the bils to 2.1 not 2.8
My truck is a 2017 tradesman quad cab 4x4, I am considering getting an a.r.e cap

I like the idea of the 2in mopar lift but have heard it lifts the back significantly more than 2 in.

So here are the questions

If you have the 2in mopar lift, how much did it raise it?

Which option would get me 2in raise all around? (Open to suggestions, but dont really want to do spacers)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Current measurements are df 36.25, pf 35.75, dr 38.25, and pr 38.50
So 2in of rale on one side and 2.75
Seems kinda weird but not my main question

I would like to maintain about 1.5 to 2 inches of rake, I plan on setting the bils to 2.1 not 2.8
My truck is a 2017 tradesman quad cab 4x4, I am considering getting an a.r.e cap

I like the idea of the 2in mopar lift but have heard it lifts the back significantly more than 2 in.

So here are the questions

If you have the 2in mopar lift, how much did it raise it?

Which option would get me 2in raise all around? (Open to suggestions, but dont really want to do spacers)
Well the 2" Mopar lift is just bilsteins with a new coil spring and track bar drop brackets. So that rear spring will give you between 1.25 and 1.5" of lift.

Both setups would pretty much end up being the same but I'd rather get icon coils as the Mopar kit doesn't specify what rear coils they used.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The eibach coils got me 1 1/8” in the rear and ride very well. They’re progressivecrate like the icon coils but come with coil isolators so they don’t chatter. Also seemed to level my truck back out for the most part. Have 2.5” lift in the front currently and lifting it to 3” in the front here soon. Has about 1” of rake.

464D9409-A729-4174-962F-01A551A6509A.jpeg

23A1C17C-B192-42FC-8B75-A4A29E83EC5D.jpeg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Mopar 2" springs are the SLF-140 by Superlift. They don't raise the rear more than 2" unless you had perhaps a single cab truck. They're the longest spring by far we can run considering they're just for 2" lift, but they wont take the weight of a cap very well. They seem to have very soft spring rates. I sagged their entire 2" in just couple of weeks (my truck rear is 500lbs heavier than stock). Icons will take that weight better. I've had Icons for about 2 years and just recently i had to add 1" spacer to counteract the effects of the weight i have in my truck (mostly looking to add a little bit more height considering i run 37's). I went with SLF-140 because they're advertised for 2" lift and thought i was going to get an extra 1/2" with those. They lasted 2 weeks under my truck weight as i said. Bought them from summitracing and they didn't have any issues accepting my return and giving me back a full refund, no questions asked.

OP
OP
Jasfish18

Jasfish18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the replies guys!

Fo you happen to know the model of those eibach springs?

So a cap of 200 lbs or so would probably sag mopar kit at least .5 inch?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the 2" Mopar lift is just bilsteins with a new coil spring and track bar drop brackets. So that rear spring will give you between 1.25 and 1.5" of lift.

Both setups would pretty much end up being the same but I'd rather get icon coils as the Mopar kit doesn't specify what rear coils they used.

It bears mentioning that the Mopar lift in front is regular Bilstein 5100's , in the rear the kit contents are the progressive rate springs plus brackets which drop the rear sway bar end links & brake/ABS lines, plus raised bumpstop lands, plus longer Bilstein 5160 shocks. This provides longer rear suspension travel via the longer shock travel, so your lift doesn't cost you down-travel in the rear.

The Mopar lift does not include a rear track bar relocation bracket ($75 from Carli, very worth it if you lift the rear) .

I can't say what lift is The Best! because we all have different expectations and besides most of us only ever install one lift, it's not like they're easy to swap out and return and try 'em all to see what's best.

What I can report fairly is that I did get the Mopar lift five years ago and it's served me well; there's nothing to complain about and it has enhanced the capability of the vehicle off pavement without detracting from its capability on the highway. Not much else one could ask for.

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I see that the 2” lift kit excludes the Outdoorsman. Any ideas about why that is? Or what parts I’d need to swap out for the same effect?

I know there’s an urban legend about the Outdooorsman being higher from the factory but no one can ever seem to prove that’s true, or why they think that. 481B71F8-E6BB-4097-9286-11CD6C95A9AB.png