3.21 LSD - 8spd: 37" tires yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atincup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
First thank you Brandon for all your advice. I have decided on the 6" Zone with 5" coil springs and will set my Bilstein 5100 at 2.1 for a level look. I am also leaning towards the Fuel Maverick D538 20x10 -12 and 37x12.5 (open to suggestions). I do not off-road so everything will be on the street.

My question is will I be ok with the 3.21 turning the heavy 37s? I know I will lose some low end but I don't want it to be a dog either. I have upgraded to a S&B CAI, Trinty, HF tune and Moe's 87 TB to help with some HP gains.

Or should I just slap on the 35s and be happy in both worlds (looks and truck performance)?

As always, thanks.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did 35s u can feel the difference but im all stock looking to get a tuner first before i end up regearing

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Around town probably won't be too bad, but you might not see much of 8th on the HWY unless your are really mov'n. On my current setup, she'll drop a gear on slight inclines and I'm running small 35's with 3.92's.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im 3:21 with 35s and I rarely see 7th gear on the interstate lol.

I dont think your acceleration will suffer much. But hwy driving and 1% grades, will be screaming in the rpms around 3000 and slurping up that gas like a teenager drinking smirnoff ice.

OP
OP
Atincup

Atincup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Im 3:21 with 35s and I rarely see 7th gear on the interstate lol.

I dont think your acceleration will suffer much. But hwy driving and 1% grades, will be screaming in the rpms around 3000 and slurping up that gas like a teenager drinking smirnoff ice.

That's what I was thinking and was worried about. Thanks for the response.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
will add few words to this discussion: it is not only problem of accelerating. The problem is that it is a stress for your 8spd. you have a quite powerful engine, but "lazy" gears, so that means being in the middle, your 8spd will be working hard when pushing the clutches, causing them wearing fast and makes transmission temperature much higher. This might be partially solved when 8spd tuning becomes possible, so you can increase a pressure and decrease a timing needed to close your transmission basket.