Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cjmccoy93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about having one installed in my 2010 “5” speed. Most of my driving is in town with hills and I’m geared high now but not sure what ratio. 3.23 maybe? Hit ~55mph before shifting out of first WOT.

Anyone made this change and have any regrets about it??? How’s mileage changed?

Also, about how much did this cost you?

Ramrodd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I did it with my 09. I had it re-geared to a 4.10 from a 3.21 and it’s a big difference. Also had the trutrac installed along with it. 600$ for trutrac, 300ish for the gear and install kit and 200 for the installation. I got it installed for cheap cause i work with a guy that knows how to do it. He did it at his house. Mileage maybe 1 mpg worse on hwy and no change or better around town. What are you doing with the truck? I did it to haul a travel trailer. If I had to do it again I might go 4.56. BTW mines 2wd hemi with stock tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cjmccoy93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is a daily driver. It’s also my hunting rig. Every time I come around a sharp corner, have to accelerate up a hill or something of the sort I just feel like I have to lay into the throttle to get the truck to move. I don’t hardly tow, so mainly just drivability and a little more low end power when it comes to washed out dirt roads.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
On 4wd you have to change both front & rear to match. You're looking at multi-thousand dollar costs.
My 2010 has 3:55 std rear and cheapest quote I got was $1700 just to swap in a posi for the rear, no ratio change & nothing up front.