3" body lift on top of my 1"????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been wondering about adding a 3" body lift on top of the existing 1" body lift I already installed??
My thinking is, if you don't have to extend anything for just a 1" body.... Then you shouldn't have to extend anything over wat the 3" body lift provides..:...
Some body correct me if I'm missing something lol.
I'm sure I'd have to get longer bolts than wat will come in the 3" kit but other than that, all should work..... right??? Lol
Thanks for the inputs to come.
Robb

Sent from my ADR6350

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
In theroy your right...but when I did my body lift on my 03 (3"). There was a few things that were stretched to the max when I did it. Even with the extended hardware it came with. I'm sure someone could make it work, but would involve some fabbing. The steering shaft comes with an extention for a 3" body lift...not sure how well that would work with a 1" body already. And your bumpers wouldn't line up. I think you'd have a 1" gap because the new bumper brackets are designed to lift 3"...not 4"...I could be wrong tho.

BUT...a 4" body lift isn't 100% practical. Think about it...your entire cab being held on by some bolts with a 4" spacer in between the threaded part on the cab and the cab mounts. 3" is a max I would ever go on a BL.

Just my opinion man!

OP
OP
swamp_life hemi 05

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea it was a thought lol I'm glad someone who experienced installing one chimed in first lol.

Sent from my ADR6350

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Braydon covered what I was going to say. There is a reason why companies don't ever make bigger than 3" body lift...it's just not a good idea.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I would be worried about the saftey side of it.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If anything, I would remove the 1" and put a 3" on in its place. I didn't even know they made a 1" body lift. I thought most of them were 2 and 3".
But to place a 3" on top of the 1" would be a disaster! And of course, when you lift the body off the frame 3" there will be some fabrication work you will have to do. Most body lifts come with the kits for your front bumper and rear so they match up, then there is your steering shaft to deal with. Again most BL kits come with the extension for the steering shaft.
I would not go anymore then 3" total for any body lift though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca