37x12.50r24 -44..... issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

726ktm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2015 power wagon with 4in lift. i want to do wheel and tire setup in title. Anyone else have 24s with 37s. Am i gonna have to do anything to make this work

OP
OP
726ktm

726ktm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure the only way to make 24s work is to trade it in for a V6 Raptor.
Why do you say pretty sure????? is that what you did? that has to be the only reason why you're suggesting it

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don’t see why you won’t be able to fit 37s. Should be a pretty easy transition. That’s a pretty big wheel but I don’t think you’ll have any rubbing issues.

OP
OP
726ktm

726ktm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t see why you won’t be able to fit 37s. Should be a pretty easy transition. That’s a pretty big wheel but I don’t think you’ll have any rubbing issues.
seeing how expensive rims and tires are for 24s im not sure what size im going to do but if i dont do 24s im for sure doing 22s i dont do any off roading, I really dont even drive the truck that much because i have a company truck. My truck is pretty much for looks

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Diameter (size) of the wheel has nothing to do with whether it will fit or not. 24, 22, 18, 17, doesn't matter. It's the tire size and offset that you need to look out for. 37's will fit but if you are going for that -44 skateboard offset look that is what might cause you issues. (Not to mention a lot of additional stress on the front end with those big tires sticking way out like that)

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-44 offset means that's a 12" wide wheel, better get some sawzall blades ready to fit 37's with that width on a stock PW

OP
OP
726ktm

726ktm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
-44 offset means that's a 12" wide wheel, better get some sawzall blades ready to fit 37's with that width on a stock PW
Mines lifted 4in

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mines lifted 4in

So 6” over a normal 2500?

A -44 wheel is gonna give you major rubbing issues. Even if you put 33’s on them.

To each their own, but that is not only gonna look hidious, but it will handle like ****, rub like crazy and wear parts out like theres no tomorrow. I would highly suggest a skinnier wheel with much less offset. If you are after that look and dont care about the consequences, you will most likely have to do a lot of cutting or lift it a lot more.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...ce-ikon-ss-bds-suspension-suspension-lift-4in

Not a PW but this is a 2500 with a 4" close to what you want so yeah it's probably doable. Most of us in the power wagon community I feel usually stick to a smaller wheel with slightly positive offset and larger tire. Might be hard pressed to find to many guys on here putting a wheel and tire combo like that on their wagon. These trucks are truly built for off-road use and most of us pick wheel tire combos accordingly. Someone may come along to give you a more solid answer but the custom offsets gallery let's you plug in your specs and you can find 2500s that are close to what you're trying to achieve

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

04ctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 4:10
diff truck, but....i put 35 20's -44 on my 2015 with a leveling kit, and they rubbed like CRAZY.

and the tires were out so far, it got STUCK in a drive thru car wash (guy had to 4wd LOW to get it free & back out)

and it threw JUNK up the sides like it was candy, i had to wash it every day.

it looked DEAD SEXY, oh MY, women of all ages would stop me to talk about it in parking lots, no joke.

i had cheap wheels (Lexani) and they would NOT hold a balance, and it rode horrible, and hurt MPG in a CTD by 2 or 3 MPG, so I got rid of them.
IDK how much they would hurt gasser MPG.

YMMV /Good luck / you only live once Resized_20161005_191722.jpg

OP
OP
726ktm

726ktm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diff truck, but....i put 35 20's -44 on my 2015 with a leveling kit, and they rubbed like CRAZY.

and the tires were out so far, it got STUCK in a drive thru car wash (guy had to 4wd LOW to get it free & back out)

and it threw JUNK up the sides like it was candy, i had to wash it every day.

it looked DEAD SEXY, oh MY, women of all ages would stop me to talk about it in parking lots, no joke.

i had cheap wheels (Lexani) and they would NOT hold a balance, and it rode horrible, and hurt MPG in a CTD by 2 or 3 MPG, so I got rid of them.
IDK how much they would hurt gasser MPG.

YMMV /Good luck / you only live once View attachment 151183
See i have people telling me ill have nothing but problems but i had a ram 1500 with a 6in lift/leveled with -44 on 35s i didnt have any rubbing or problems with it and it sat about 1in higher if not level then my pw stock height.... so i really dont know what to think or do. I probably won't do a -44 but the wheel i really like which is the tis offroad i dont think the offer a less negative in a 24 or 22?? Im just going to do alot more research

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
You might get more bites trying in the 4th Gen lifted or HD section. Ask as if your truck is a 2014+ 2500 with 6” lift.

Your question really isn’t specific to your truck being a PW, and as has been mentioned most PW owners aren’t putting this much lift and this kind of wheel on their truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
See i have people telling me ill have nothing but problems but i had a ram 1500 with a 6in lift/leveled with -44 on 35s i didnt have any rubbing or problems with it and it sat about 1in higher if not level then my pw stock height.... so i really dont know what to think or do. I probably won't do a -44 but the wheel i really like which is the tis offroad i dont think the offer a less negative in a 24 or 22?? Im just going to do alot more research
I thought the same when I bought my wagon, I had a 1500 with a 6" lift, -12 wheels and 37s. So I immediately thought -12s with 37s. But design, different suspension and geometry in the front of the 2500s a negative offset wheel doesn't work very well. A +27 to +18 ish offset is just right to get 37s in on stock or leveled suspension.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2015 power wagon with 4in lift. i want to do wheel and tire setup in title. Anyone else have 24s with 37s. Am i gonna have to do anything to make this work

The stock 2015 PW wheels have a +47 offset. The AEV wheels have a +24 offset (in order to accommodate the slightly wider 37s instead of 33/35).

Since you aren't going offroad in your PW, it doesn't matter what size wheels you use to mount your 37s on.

You may need to make room at the back portion of the front wheel well for the 37s to not rub there, even with your lift. You will likely get some slight rubbing at full lock when turning, but since this is a show truck and not an offroad build that is easily remedied by just not turning all the way to full lock. In fact, you may not even have to trim the rear portion of the front wheel wells since you will never go offroad.

The rear will be fine with 37s with no mods.

You are mostly on your own with any negative offset wheels, since off road guys try to keep the tires in as close (positive offset) as possible to reduce the wear on the bearings.

-Mike