4 corner Air suspension limits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikecoop618

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
I currently have a 2017 Ram 1500 limited with the 4 corner air suspension. Every now and then I want to raise the truck up to the offroad 1 or setting but I guess due to manufacturer settings the truck will automatically lower itself after getting up too 35 mph. Is there anyway I can change this setting?

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't believe you can turn off that 35mph function. You can get adjustable airlinks and raise the system to the desired height of the factory off-road 1 mode. Adjustable Airlinks will trick the air system and you can drive in normal mode with the off-road mode height.

Last edited:

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As @AzCats said, you can buy adjustable links. My truck still has functioning air ride and is lifted/leveled. The offroad setting still raises the truck as it would normal. I actually did some research on the forum and found a way to reprogram the level sensors with AlfaOBD so I'm still on stock links. It was a bit of a time consuming adventure adjusting settings, cycling suspension then measuring and repeat until satisfied. The daystar pucks help keep ride quality as close to stock because it doesn't require as much air pressure to achieve the desired lift.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I currently have a 2017 Ram 1500 limited with the 4 corner air suspension. Every now and then I want to raise the truck up to the offroad 1 or setting but I guess due to manufacturer settings the truck will automatically lower itself after getting up too 35 mph. Is there anyway I can change this setting?

I have 5th Gen 2021 Rebel. So exit/enter, aero, normal, off-road only options. It also lowers around 35 KM

I find it annoying, when it lowers and then I have raise it. I off-road often with my truck.

There is no direct way to do it in AlfaOBD. I'm sure it's possible, but not enough people want/request that feature.

So option would be as @Bandit517 mentioned above. There is section for Air Suspension. And you can adjust levels. I haven't done it on my Truck yet. My plan was to take "normal" mode and adjust the settings to same as "Off-Road" since I never use Normal. Only aero for driving highway and Off-Road when Off-Roading.

I would mention to be careful. If you lift the truck too high and something happens at high speed, you could kill/hurt yourself or some one else. At the lower speed, it's more controllable.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that the speed limit is set to reduce wear and tear on the drive line, and reduce tire wear because of the change in camber and /or tow in/out.
If you want a jacked truck get rebuild the suspension.

R3B3L2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Rebel
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel with five setting lights for air suspension. When I first bought the truck I was playing around with the air suspension, since I had never had it before. I raised it to the point where all five lights were on- off road 2 according to the owners manual. I have used off road 2 once or twice in the last three years. However, now when I select the highest setting- I get a message stating ride height selection not permitted. So, I took it to the dealer- two actually. They are telling me I only have FOUR settings. How can that be? I’ve had it in the FIFTH setting, the owners manual indicates FIVE SETTINGS ( only air suspension being labeled as “ if equipped”), when the truck is started all FIVE lights for the air suspension light up. Do you think an upgrade had caused this change? I’ve seen rebels with four settings- they have lights for the FOUR levels. I have reviewed you tube videos on the four corner air suspension with indicator lights showing FIVE LEVELS and the truck rises to the fifth level. I am at a loss and am wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_5785.jpeg
    IMG_5785.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5802.png
    IMG_5802.png
    606.9 KB · Views: 1

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel with five setting lights for air suspension. When I first bought the truck I was playing around with the air suspension, since I had never had it before. I raised it to the point where all five lights were on- off road 2 according to the owners manual. I have used off road 2 once or twice in the last three years. However, now when I select the highest setting- I get a message stating ride height selection not permitted. So, I took it to the dealer- two actually. They are telling me I only have FOUR settings. How can that be? I’ve had it in the FIFTH setting, the owners manual indicates FIVE SETTINGS ( only air suspension being labeled as “ if equipped”), when the truck is started all FIVE lights for the air suspension light up. Do you think an upgrade had caused this change? I’ve seen rebels with four settings- they have lights for the FOUR levels. I have reviewed you tube videos on the four corner air suspension with indicator lights showing FIVE LEVELS and the truck rises to the fifth level. I am at a loss and am wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Going to guess, you have one of the early ones. Mine was built very late. took over 8 months to get it.

During that time, covid and chip storage and parts storage was happening.

Likely didn't get new plate/switch and used old but with newer software. Mine has 4 switch, 4 modes.

R3B3L2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Rebel
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes- just trying to figure out how to get this issue resolved. Calling customer care tomorrow. The last dealer I took it to for service ran all kinds of different tests.they insist it has only four levels despite the owners manual and indicator lights. I’ve also contacted the dealer I purchased it from hoping to get more info.