4 hi mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Alright, well i know one way to do this that works on chevy's, but i am curious if people have done this on the Dodges. On non sport trucks, with aftermarket headlights with different bulbs for hi and low beam operation, has anyone modified it so that both the hi and low beams will stay on when you switch on your hi beams?

on the chevy's this is done by adding in a relay, connecting the low side headlights to the high side headlights on one side, and this will back charge the system so that both sides work. will doing the same thing work on the dodge wiring? or would someone need to put a relay on the other side?

option 2, which i am more curious to know, is there a relay under the hood that interrupts the low beam and switches it to hi beam that someone could jump so that everything turns on on hi beam, and only the lows are on during low beam operations? (this is how the newer chevy's can be converted)

since the factory sent my truck out with dual filament bulbs, and with me not being an electrician, i am curious if other people might already know the answers as to how to do this on the dodge...before i spend a couple hours digging into the system to make this work here in another month or two when i get my new light housings....thanks all!

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heard of this being done on early models with fog lights so they stay on with high beams. but not for hi lo beams

OP
OP
loki223

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
yeah, i saw that and it reminded me of something i was planning on doing when i get my new headlights since i don't like the ones i got now. Since i plan on doing both my hi beam and low beam with HIDs, it'll be very beneficial to have the lows still on when i turn on my hi beams so i don't go blind while the charge up

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Dual filament bulbs would prob create too much heat to run both at the same time. The reason they shut the lows off during High beam operation is fed law only allowing so much candle power on at one time, also reason driving lights shut off. Now I doubt you would get hassled about it unless you forgot to dim the lights for oncoming traffic.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Id like to do this with my lights since they have high and low beams.

IMG_0771.jpg

OP
OP
loki223

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
@hotroder383
I am not using the stock single lens dual filament bulbs. using what cody has there, so that won't be an issue.

and Cody, if you wannt play with the relay, it should be easy. the relays at just the 4 prong relay at o'reily's. here is a link to the conversion on the OBS GM trucks, it should be similar to what would need to be done for our trucks. I'm not planning on doing this for another 2 months. but pretty much its low beam to relay prong #87, high beams to #86, ground prong #85 and run positive from battery to terminal #30. should back charge the system and get both sides working and only have to wire up one side like it. i might do this with the set up i've got now....if i find the time

How to do the 4Hi mod on OBS - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com

OP
OP
loki223

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
anyone with more electrical experience than me have any input?

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I might play with it when I get my 55w hid kit for my hi's

you should shoot madcow a pm because I know he did it on his 4th gen
he had it wired to a switch though I believe.

Tapatalk Addict

OP
OP
loki223

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
yeah, i know this coming weekend me and some friends were gunna do some work in my shop on their bikes, i might pic up the relay and mess with it this weekend, see if it works. I think the relay is only like 3 or 4 bucks, than its just some extra wire and the connections so should be doable for under $20 pretty easily.