4 WD Control and lower dash controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Peeps, been a long time lol - I hope I am putting this is in the right forum. Had no clue how to search for it either. A few months ago, my lower control where tow/haul, seat/steering heat stopped working. I assumed a fuse just been to lazy to look since those controls are also on the touch screen.
I was in a gravel pile on a hill last night and couldn't get any traction so I put it if 4WD, well thought I was. Nothing happened. No lights good or bad on the dash, no change whatsoever.
Could these switches all be on the same fuse, and not telling the truck I'm activating the switch?

Thanks in advance.
2013 Ram 1500 CC Sport.

Attachments

• 20230817_205359.jpg
    20230817_205359.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 9

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Peeps, been a long time lol - I hope I am putting this is in the right forum. Had no clue how to search for it either. A few months ago, my lower control where tow/haul, seat/steering heat stopped working. I assumed a fuse just been to lazy to look since those controls are also on the touch screen.
I was in a gravel pile on a hill last night and couldn't get any traction so I put it if 4WD, well thought I was. Nothing happened. No lights good or bad on the dash, no change whatsoever.
Could these switches all be on the same fuse, and not telling the truck I'm activating the switch?

Thanks in advance.
2013 Ram 1500 CC Sport.

Have you tried removing the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes?

I would guess it's not fuse-related but a Can-bus fault where the BCM has lost its configuration.

I would also suspect, it may take multiple trips to relearn after the power cycle.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried removing the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes?

I would guess it's not fuse-related but a Can-bus fault where the BCM has lost its configuration.

I would also suspect, it may take multiple trips to relearn after the power cycle.

I will try that. Not sure why only these lower switches would be impacted, but I know CAN-BUS can be finicky. Thanks for the reply.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I will try that. Not sure why only these lower switches would be impacted, but I know CAN-BUS can be finicky. Thanks for the reply.
If there is an issue with 4x4 panel your truck should show a "service shifter" message at startup.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A bump for another round. Removing ground didn't seem to fix it. Doing it again for longer than 10 minutes just to confirm. Looking at the owner s manual, doesn't seem there is a fuse for the 4WD so not sure what's going on and why no idiot lights.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A bump for another round. Removing ground didn't seem to fix it. Doing it again for longer than 10 minutes just to confirm. Looking at the owner s manual, doesn't seem there is a fuse for the 4WD so not sure what's going on and why no idiot lights.
I might suggest pulling the radio bezel off and re-seating those connections. It can be done relatively quickly in about 15 minutes of work...

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I might suggest pulling the radio bezel off and re-seating those connections. It can be done relatively quickly in about 15 minutes of work...
Do you think there is a common connector between the 4WD knob and the panel of buttons? Surely multiple connectors didn't loosen/pop off at once.
I'll give it a shot though, thanks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you think there is a common connector between the 4WD knob and the panel of buttons? Surely multiple connectors didn't loosen/pop off at once.
I'll give it a shot though, thanks.
No, just something relatively easy to try.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bumping again - Not finding anything so far.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The auto 44-44 t-case is famous for not locking in and spinning the front driveshaft in certain conditions.Not saying that's your issue,but if you're not getting any codes or dash lights,it might be worth investigating.Brandon-W makes a switch that bypasses the safety nannies and allows it to operate more like a normal transfer case.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All righty - Had to give in a take it to the Dealer. Turns out it is a monitoring module on the battery harness that went bad. Little ******* costs around 350.00. With labor and other crap got out of there at 600.00 but everything works again. The ***** of it is, the tech told me everything worked fine when the module was unplugged so I could of just done that lol.