45rfe to 5-45rfe with Superchip F5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Hello,
I am new to the forum but am excited to make modifications to my truck
I have a 2002 ram 1500 slt 4x4 quad cab with the 4.7l and 45rfe transmission.
I recently got the Superships Flashpaq F5 and ordered a new TCM to make my tranny into the 545rfe.
I was wondering if the superchips tuner will automatically read that it is a 545 and adjust the transmission and shift points automatically or if I would need to take it to a tuner to maximize the upgraded transmission program.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello,
I am new to the forum but am excited to make modifications to my truck
I have a 2002 ram 1500 slt 4x4 quad cab with the 4.7l and 45rfe transmission.
I recently got the Superships Flashpaq F5 and ordered a new TCM to make my tranny into the 545rfe.
I was wondering if the superchips tuner will automatically read that it is a 545 and adjust the transmission and shift points automatically or if I would need to take it to a tuner to maximize the upgraded transmission program.

I regret to inform you that the Superchips trans tuning will not work on your year truck. It is only effective from 04 (or 05) on. Swapping the TCM to get the extra OD gear is a good idea, but you won't be able to tune it.

OP
OP
adamh3844

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I regret to inform you that the Superchips trans tuning will not work on your year truck. It is only effective from 04 (or 05) on. Swapping the TCM to get the extra OD gear is a good idea, but you won't be able to tune it.

When other people installed there new TCM to get the 545rfe most say that it takes a few drives for the computer in truck to interact with the new TCM. I was wondering if the Superchips Performance Tune setting would do that as well.
Am I not understanding correctly?
And thanks for the help just trying to learn and make sure I don't blow my truck up.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When other people installed there new TCM to get the 545rfe most say that it takes a few drives for the computer in truck to interact with the new TCM. I was wondering if the Superchips Performance Tune setting would do that as well.
Am I not understanding correctly?
And thanks for the help just trying to learn and make sure I don't blow my truck up.

No you are not understanding correctly. Superchips performance tune, other than maybe reducing torque management and possibly adjusting shift rpm will have no effect on how quickly your ECM interfaces with the replacement TCM.