46re shifting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Roethler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gasser
I have a '98 ram 1500 5.9 with the 46re and was looking for some insight on diaging the issue I'm having. Transmission shifts from 1-2 second at about 1800-2000 rpm no matter how hard I push the throttle pedal, then from 2nd straight into 3rd. Doesn't down shift even with pedal to the floor and overdrive shifts normal. If I manually shift it, it shifts fine. Have a new upgraded valve body, fresh fluid and filter, new upgraded borg warner governor pressure solenoid and sensor. I have tried adjusting the TV cable which didn't do anything. Checked transmission fuse and relay and those are good. The 8 pin connector has 5v reference for the governor solenoid so I'm kind of lost on where to go from here. Transmission only has about 40k miles on rebuild and torque converter was replaced when transmission was done. Any help is appreciated!

Valve body that was put in is linked
valve body

OP
OP
S

Steven Roethler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gasser
Both bands have been adjusted to spec as well. I also replaced the speed sensor and that didn't do anything either.