4th Gen 0 to 60 Times with Cam Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachmckinney98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Got a 2016 Ram 1500, 4x4, QC, shortbed.
33.5in tires
Stock trans 210k miles
3.92 rear end
Texas speed stage 2 cam
Hemifever 93 octane tune
Shorty tube headers
Cold air intake

Best 0 to 60 time is 5.4 seconds.
How are people with same size truck, etc. Getting that same 0 to 60 time with a stock cam. Are people lying or something wrong with my tuning?
I have brand new iridium spark plugs, stock coil packs. Live in north florida

Someone please give some advice.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine is a 2500 but stock the 0-60 is measured in business days. 5.4 Seems pretty good to me.

Are you including your rollout time? Usually about .1-.2sec that a lot of people remove to make their times sound better.

OP
OP
Z

zachmckinney98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was using the diablo trinity tuner for my timer. I assume rollout time was included with that. Not sure.
I've just read lots of threads on here of people with stock cams running that same number or very close. Then guys with upgraded cam running 5 flat,,or high 4s with the lighter models.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was using the diablo trinity tuner for my timer. I assume rollout time was included with that. Not sure.
I've just read lots of threads on here of people with stock cams running that same number or very close. Then guys with upgraded cam running 5 flat,,or high 4s with the lighter models.
Take it to a track,and see what it runs in the 1/4 or even 1/8th. I wouldn't try to compare 0-60 times way to many variables,especially if you're using a Diablo to record them.
My local track is a 310 mile round trip,and i still get there,so don't give us any excuses about it being to far,lol