4wd drive issue flashes everything but 4wd auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljtoka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Hi I just bought a 2007 ram 1500 5.7 and 4wd wasn't working when I bought it, the dude said he replaced the actuator on the front diff but It was leaking so I decided to warranty the part and put a new one and hopefully it would fix my issue so I just replaced it yesterday and 4wd still doesn't work and I hear no clicks and pulling off the actuator today it is lock in 4wd and doesnt move when switch to 2wd and when I try to put it in to 4wd hi is flashes then stays on 4auto same with 4lo and 2wd drive this was all done in neutral and I have tried holding the reset or the neutral button on the switch and that just flashes aswell when i drive it around I leave the switch in 2wd and everytime i turn the truck off and back on it flashes 4wd auto

So is there a fuse I can check to see if its blown

Could it be the tcase motor

Any ground or wiring I can check

As well my positive battery terminal is pretty lose and I can't tighten it anymore what that cause an issue

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Any battery terminal that is loose can and will cause strange issues on these vehicles. Make sure all battery terminals are clean and secure, also check all grounds as loose/corroded grounds also have a history of causing unsolvable issues in modern vehicles.

Mike

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes clean and tighten all connections.

OP
OP
L

ljtoka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Hey thanks for the replies, I'm going to do that today but my only question is are there any grounds for the 4x4 system or does anyone have a wiring diagram I can read to find all the grounds

sleepy hollow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any luck getting things to work? I am also trying to troubleshoot my 2007 4WD. I have an electronic service manual for the 2008 truck. Let me know if you may still need something from it or I could send you the whole thing.